I had a cesarean 9-21-06. Since about week four postpartum i have been experiencing a dizzy sensation. It comes and goes with no obvious triggers. I have also been fatigued and had eye itchiness and drainage for about three days in late October. I wonder if all these things are related and if it has anyhting to do with after pregnancy or having a cesection. It is my 2nd cesarean and I did have blood work done over the weekend at the er and I am not anemic or anything. My sugar and sodium potassium levels are good. Any ideas?

did you ever get to feeling better? I had the same thing happen and was curious what happened with you.

Courtney
email me at _[removed]_ if you would like to discuss

I came across your post on www.steadyhealth.com and I was wondering if you ever pinpointed the cause of your dizziness after your c-section. Did the other person ever respond to your post?

We welcomed our 2nd baby by c-section on 5/30/08 and I have been dizzy ever since I came home from the hospital. It is not a spinning sensation, but rather a feeling like I am floating or my head is just heavy. Maybe even like I have been on a boat and then back on land I am having the sensation of still being in waves. It is such a strange sensation. I thought at first it was the pain pills, but I noticed once I weaned off the meds at home (b/c I was breastfeeding I tried to get off the pain pills quickly) I was still lightheaded/dizzy. It has seemed to get worse over the weeks and I am getting really nervous it is going to continue to worsen which may impact me taking care of my kiddos.

I was wondering if you had in fact experienced something similar and if so, what was your resolution? I am desperate to feel better. I have been to a neurologist, hematologist, PCP, etc etc. I’m about to try a cardiologist and rheumatologist. Can you tell I am truly fed up? J

Thank you in advance for your time and any help you can offer up!!!

OMG- I have been feeling like I am on a boat since I got home from the hospital too. I had my second c section on 2/24/10- its now 3/16/10 and I just thought I was sleep deprived- but finally googled it b/c obviously its getting worse. I had heard stopping meds cold turkey could make you dizzy, but I stopped the perkoset 2 days after the surgery and I only take the Motrin now 2ce a day. It doesn't make sense. Has anyone gotten an answer? This is so clearly a common problem. Wow- even trying to type is getting tough...

I am still searching for an answer! I have been dizzy for 22 mos and counting. We had our 3rd baby in Jan (surprise) and I have had some new symptoms pop up after my 3rd baby. Spotty facial numbness and a dry throat. Very strange! My acupuncturist believes it is a problem with my neck (pinched nerve)... who knows! I am trying all means... MDs, Acupunturists, Chiros, etc etc. I refuse to give up. Thankfully I am still able to take care of my kiddos and function for the most part, but at the end of the day my patience is completely gone and many of my thoughts during the day are taken with trying to find an answer. Feeling like this at 34 when you have 3 kiddos is just NOT FAIR! Please let me know if you are feeling better? Or have found any answers? My Neuro did a spinal tap on me to check for MS, but all came back normal except he did find West Nile. It showed I had been infected with it at one time, but he felt strongly it shouldn't be progressive and be causing these issues. Thought I would mention just in case you wanted to get tested. They can do a blood test too. Would be interesting if it somehow ties in to West Nile.

try prolotherapy...truly amazing

How is your pulse rate? Your heartbeat? I am currently experiencing all of these symptoms as well as having a low heartbeat pulse rate. A normal heartbeat pulse is from 58 - 70/80. Mine since giving birth (baby is now 8 weeks old) is low but not low enough for the docs to be concerned. A low heartbeat pulse is called Bradycardia and it can cause fainting, light headedness and dizziness. I must admit I hate feeling like this. All blood tests have come back normal twice. I break into a cold sweat everytime I get dizzy because I actually fainted in a shopping centre while waiting in a queue to change my baby (he was around 3/4 weeks old). My 3 year old watched me faint. I am so scared it happens again :(. I just want to go back to normal. Hope I have helped.

Hi, Has anyone got to the bottom of their dizziness after a c section. I had anaemia after surgery as well, so thought the dizziness would go away once my iron levels had returned, but its only got worse. Its been 7 weeks for me and I have had a rough time of it already and need to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel of the living kind! My bllod pressure and heart rate is normal and iron levels have returned too. Desperate to feel well again, as I cannot drive at the moment because of it and i do not leave the house because its started making me feel really ill.....

Did u ever get any answers feeling the same wsy i fainted too. I have a 4 month old and a three year old too.

hi i wanted to know if you ever resolved this. i have 5 kids. 4 were normal birth. the last was delivered by c-sec. she is now 12 months ld and i still get the floaty feeling. its not everyday but often. i have also had my bloods done including thyroid function and everything is normal.

Just wondering if anyone had any answers to this? I just had my 3rd child and ended having my1st c-section due to him being breach. I have been having a dizzy feeling and it has been coming more frequently . I ended up in the er this week and had to have a Mri. The answers were vague so I have to see a neurologist.

Hi all just in case anyone is reading these posts looking for answers I urge you to look into vestibular migraine or migraine associated vertigo. I got it after my csection with second baby.

How long did it take for the vestibular vertigo to go please
I'm 12 weeks post natal and I seriously can't take them cant zx the dizziness anymore

I'm going through the same issues how can vestibular migraine have anything to do with c sections I think I have it too but I want to know how

Hi, does any feel better after had baby , had csection two mnths pp and feeling awful dizzy like am dying