I'm 17 and for about the past month i have been getting these little white and red bumps on the sides and on the tip of my tongue. They are small and they hurt very bad when i eat spicy or salty foods or if they are touched by anything. They go away sometimes for about 2-3 days but then they come back. I have not had oral sex or anything so i know it isn't an std. Could they be infected taste buds or are they canker sores? What are they and what can i do to get rid of them??? They are very irritating so please help if you know anything about these.

What is the answer to this! This is exactly what I am going through!

I have gotten bumps to but my tounge swells up

Don't pull the buds off, I know it might be tempting but don't do it. It could lead to a serious infection and your whole young could swell leaving you with a puffy embarrassing tounge. Go talk to your orthodontist if it becomes really serious. Just try to stick with bland foods before you can schedule an opointment.