I am 19 years old male and I am so worried. Few days ago, I have noticed some strange rash beneath foreskin. Is this a sign of something serious like penile cancer? I am sexually active, but I do not think that I get it from sex. Please help!

The first thing you need to do is to go to your doctor. You cannot ignore your condition; however, it does not have to mean that you got cancer. Your doctor is the only one who can tell you that. I hope that you will be ok and I will help you by giving you some information about penile cancer. Penile cancer is a very rare form of cancer that occurs mostly in uncircumcised men and there are several types of penile cancers. Ninety-five percent of penile cancer is epidermoid carcinoma, or squamous cell carcinoma. The other type is basal cell penile cancer that can occasionally become cancerous and less than 2% of penile cancers are basal cell cancers. Melanoma starts in melanocytes, and it is the most serious of the skin type cancers. About 1% of penile cancers are sarcomas. Sarcoma cancers are one that develops in the tissues that support and connect the body. Men with penile cancer often experience symptoms like a growth or ulcer on the penis, especially on the glans or foreskin and on the shaft, small, crusty bumps beneath the foreskin etc. I wish you all the best.

Hi Kenner:

It is extremely unlikely to be penile cancer, which is extremely rare and occurs mostly in the elderly male.

I can't tell what you have so I suggest that you consult your physician.