A dermocologist at the VA hosp. told me the basal on my nose could spread to my brain and could be fatal. The basil growth is very small and does not bother me. What are the odds rthat this could become serious?Thank you

I can only assume you mean Basal cell carcinoma (BCC).

It is the most common form of cancer. Basal cells line the deepest layer of the epidermis. Basal cell carcinomas are malignant growths, or tumors, that arise in this layer.

Basal cell carcinoma can usually be diagnosed with a simple biopsy and is fairly easy to treat when detected early. However, 5 to 10 percent of BCCs can be resistant to treatment or locally aggressive, damaging the skin around them, and sometimes invading bone and cartilage. When not treated quickly, they can be difficult to eliminate. Fortunately, however, this is a cancer that has an extremely low rate of metastasis, and although it can result in scars and disfigurement, it is not usually life threatening.

While it is possible that the carcinoma could spread to your brain, I would think it unlikely, unless it is very large and appears to be very aggressive based on a biopsy.

You should, however, have it removed immediately.