Hi, I was diagnosed with micronodular basal cell carcinoma. A doctor told me that it could be cause be exposure to the sun, which is very likely in my case. Can you tewll me something more about BCC?

Hi, micronodular basal cell carcinoma can be treated by MMS- Mohs' micrographic surgery. In compare to BCCs that are nodular, micronodular BCC has bigger possibility for clinically surreptitious tumor spread. Mohs' micrographic surgery shows that micronodular BCC has more covert tumor extension and it’s more difficult to detect. These tumors grow slow, and they rarely metastasize. Lymph nodes, the bones and the lungs are often the sites of metastasis. This condition more often appears in light-skinned people than in other races, and it’s more often in men than in women. Beside exposure to the sunlight, causes can also be radiation exposure, arsenic exposure, immunosuppression, and some other. I hope you’ll manage to cure micronodular basal cell carcinoma. Good luck!