Since I found out I have Raynaud’s syndrome I want to read as much as it’s possible about it. I found out a lot, and what made me happy was that my case isn’t accompanied with some other problems. I do not have pulmonary hypertension or any artery disease. As I want to keep it on level where it is not, or make it better, I need some information. I would like to know what I should do to prevent any attack of Raynaud’s Syndrome.

Although there is no cure for treating Raynaud’s syndrome, there are some ways to minimize the number of attacks. This is required for protecting the skin from lasting injury. First step is to remember that changes in temperature are worse then cold alone. Keeping your head and torso warm enables blood to flow freely to extremities. Wear socks, cotton over wool, and mittens to bed, and be sure to wear a warm hat and perhaps earmuffs. If you are going outside, to prevent attack of Raynaud’s syndrome, try chemical heaters in your socks and mittens. Always protect and cover your nose and cheeks, like each exposed skin if it is cold and windy. Important is that you try to avoid substances that make you vulnerable to chills. Smoking is a risk factor, because nicotine constricts blood vessels, so if you smoke, you should quit it with your Raynaud’s syndrome. Also you should find the way to reduce your stress level, avoid precipitating activities and improve your circulation.