In the past 2 months, I’ve been having a problem with my labias becoming red and swollen. Because of delicate location it really bothers me a lot, especially when I walk, sit for a long time and lay in certain positions. My sex life is decreased to minimum. First, I thought that I may have been allergic to soap and I started using shampoos especially designed for female genitals but it didn’t help.
What should I do???

Your swelling can be caused by many reasons. The first on my mind is infected Bartholin’s gland or even Bartholin's cyst. In that case, medical treatment is necessary because that cyst has to be drained. Off course, cause of swelling can be also bacterial infection – vulvovaginitis. In that case, you may try to soak it in the bathtub in warm water one or twice a day for a few days and if this doesn’t help – antibiotic creme or vaginal pills should work.

I have a painful problem at the moment. My inner labia is swollen on one side but I read up on the Bartholin's Gland and my pain in not a the rear of the labia. Mine is at the top, it is red and swollen, it does not itch or feel discomforting unless something come in contact with it such as washroom breaks. There is visable bumps on the skin or openings or rashes. I haven't had sex recently so I don't believe it is related to that. What do you think this may be caused by?

I understand that problem, had it myself, used a double antibiotic and a away it went. The antibiotic is called topicort cortison, it is a mixture, the pharmacy will mix it for you, I may have spelled topicort and cortison wrong I notice the underlining but you get the message.

okay so a few weeks ago my inner labia. Before it got swollen it was really itchy and red and then it swelled up. I have gotten it two more times after that. Im not sure if its because of having sex because i think two of the times i got it i had sex the day before. and ever since i first got it, whenever my boyfriend "does something down there" it itches like crazy. I need help!

okay so a few weeks ago my inner labia. Before it got swollen it was really itchy and red and then it swelled up. I have gotten it two more times after that. Im not sure if its because of having sex because i think two of the times i got it i had sex the day before. and ever since i first got it, whenever my boyfriend "does something down there" it itches like crazy and is soo uncomfortable. I need help!

okay so a few weeks ago my inner labia first started swelling up. Before it got swollen it was really itchy and red and then it swelled up. I have gotten it two more times after that. Im not sure if its because of having sex because i think two of the times i got it i had sex the day before. and ever since i first got it, whenever my boyfriend "does something down there" it itches like crazy and is soo uncomfortable. I need help!

my labia gets swollen only really when it gets touched and it is not painful and dose not itch could it still be the same causes ?

so, last night i had a swollen labia and it was massive this morning but now its normal. It still hurts a bit and it feels as f its hge, but i dont know if i need the doctor. I want to avoid it cause im 15 and dont want mum to know what ive been upto, what should i do?

Im 15 too and im embarressed to go to doctor or see my mum about it! :(

my labia is partially swollen when i went to toilet and there was some blood, but i think its cus i wiped WAY too hard :S anyways i went and got some ice and kept taking ice on and off it. then in about 5 mins it went back to normal :) but im not sure if its safe to ice anything down there hmmm....

If you had itching before the swelling, it could be from a yeast infection. You will sometimes itch in the early stages of the infection and the scratching can cause your labia to become irritated and swell.

If your labia protrudes naturally and is a bit large, then it can easily become irritated by tight fitting underwear, working out, or sweating more than you normally do. The labia can become chaffed.

It's normal to have small bumps on the labia itself. They shouldn't hurt or be sore to the touch, however, or secrete puss or fluid. If that happens, you could have a bacterial infection that will need to be treated.

The easiest way to tell your parents is to explain to then that you think your underwear or tight clothes caused the issue. If don't act nervous, then they know that you aren't trying to hide anything. It will only look worse if you wait until the issue becomes more serious and then tell them. Then they might wonder why you waited so long to tell.

hi i know am writing about a old post but ive also had terrible pain and soreness we swollen labiA,s,HAD it 3x this year..i was recently in agony we these problems..Wasnt itchy one bit..it lasted about a week each time,until the swollen lump poped,was on my way to the chemist to buy some stuff for the discomfort,on the way it started feeling better,when i got home noticed my trousers where wet and underwear,it looked horrid  blood and pus but was such releave to find wasnt in pain like before...i dont know why this keeps happening,i have a bath every day we out fail,use none perfum soap,havent had no sexual contact in ages also...anyone know why this could be happening?thx....

It could be from shaving or waxing.. also it could be a bartholin cyst. If thats what it is the dr will tell you to go home and take a warm bath or if your lucky they will drain it...

I have had the same problem for the past few years. Im a procrastanator( excuse any spelling errors) and when it comes to my health and or body I will rufuse to see a doctor until I cant stand it any more, and I have a very high tollerance for pain. I have this problem agaion right now, and I have yet had to go to the doctor for this problem, but reading up on the cyst thing, I dont believe mine is. I believe its just clogged because of the size it is. It is pretty swollen, but not sowllen the size of a cyst. Also the info i have seen from a cyst, you more or less will see a ball shaped inside the labia, and mine is only swollen portanate with my labia( meaning up and down, no ball). Hope this helps to ease some minds.

I should also add, that mine is itchy, bleading from scratching, and I keep using may things. Along with showering every day, I also have used vagisil, which helps, but dries too fast so I start itching right away, protollium jelly, which is thick and helps for a longer period with the discomfort, and Aloe Loation. I have also decided to try desatin tonigh, sice I already have it for my children. I figure if it helps them with dry irritated skin and diaper rashes, why cant it help mine. So far, it has been good as long as im not up moving too much. I hurt to pretty much do any movement, sit, lay, stand, walk. I dont think that it's lasted any longer then a week or so.