Hi , I had a fasciotomy as well, i have pain when i do exercises but i am so sad and disappointed about the appearance as well. It is crazy. My lower left leg is like a cabbage, is there anyway to fix it?

My daughter was told she had compartment syndrome after she had multiple tests done ( two mri's and a sonogram of stomach X-rays and multiple blood work and went to about 7 different specialists. The issue with her was the pain in her left calve and the size of it. Pre surgery one calve was 31.5 in diameter and the other 27. For a 15 yr old girl this is a big deal. Now after the surgery she is running again and the leg that never got smaller is now getting even bigger than before. Sometimes I wonder if this is something else. I am NOT exaggerating she has a super huge calve and a real skinny one. This April will be one year since the surgery. Help!! Any advice????

Hello
I have a loved one who recently had the same procedure done due to blood clots and is suffering from the same problems as you are. I am having a hard time finding out what the proper procedure is for recovery and physical therapy. Can you please share what you did during the first 3 months? And what types of physical therapy helped you improve? Thank you.

I had bilateral four compartment fasciotomies last March (2014) after chronic exertional compartment syndrome and unfortunately I have pre-surgical pain as well. I started to walk after less than a week and physical therapy got me running in less than a month but now a year later I will get lower leg pain. I can't run more than three times a week because of muscle tightness and that feeling that you need to stretch some muscle that can't be stretched. So your brother is not alone!

I am sorry to hear how bad the experience has been for some of you. I just had surgery a week ago to treat CECS with all four compartments opened in both legs and I was walking the next day. I don't understand why you've all had it so bad

Compartment Syndrome Faciotomy

I know this is an old post! Just wondering what they did for her vein valve issue? My daughter had surgery 21/2 years ago and is still having pain in in her legs if she stands or walks short distance!

I'm 17 and just underwent a fasciotomy for the anterior compartment after a fracture to the tibia. As a result of the injury I have suffered foot drop which means I can't dorsiflex my foot. Has anyone else has this problem? And how long after he injury did you get operated on because I fear it was too late.

There is a 20% failure rate in these surgeries. I have been lucky with mine. But I do remember some pain after surgery for about a week or so. Really hope he gets relief soon.

I had to undergo emergency fasciotomy because of compartment syndrome. I had walked too much a day before and again while walking a bit brisk because of the rains I got severe lain in my outer part of lower legs. Right leg pain subsided but left started to feel as it was burning. I was in too much pain because of my left leg. Went to emergency and doctors did an xray. I was discharged with some pain killers saying its probably muscle pull. Next day my foot started swelling and outer lower left leg felt hard ,the pain was still present. I went to emergency again and they said its compartment syndrome and it needs to be operated just now as the muscles are already dying. I said yes. They did the surgery and had to cut off some part of my muscle. E more cleanup/flushing operations and the aound was covered/stiched with some skin graft from my right thigh. 2 weeks after final surgery I was on crutches. 2 more weeks and only one crutch . One more week and I was walkink slowly on both feet. The doctors were initially afraid I would have drop foot as my muscles were cut but thanks to God I am able to move my foot a bit. Physio says with lots of foot/ankle excersises I will regain some more movement. Today I am able to walk again but the foot keeps swelling. It seems it might take months to recover. I hope I recover soon. Best of luck All.

I read what u put and I have just had surgery and stuffer compress compartment syndrome and was lefted with a big hole in the front of my leg which was 28cms long by 8cms wide so I have had to have plastic surgery to cover it up and I have losted the feeling in my leg plus have got foot drop too I can't walk now with out crutches and the pain is still unreal so I know how you much feel

I had my fasciotomy in Nov. and have been trying to resume my running. Every time, I begin to experience the same pain I had before-only now it stays for days. I massage, foam roll and stretch and have even gone back to taking Ibuprofen. My scar on my ankle is so white that my PT sent me to a dermatologist! She told me I have no pigment at all so be careful of skin cancer! I'm 54 and very frustrated. Any hills have me in pain--I'm afraid to go back to the surgeon for after reading all of these replies-a 2nd surgery seems to be the norm. FRUSTRATED BEYOND! Don't get the surgery-I think they don't know enough about long-term results....

I just had my stiches taken out after all 4 compartments were released and left open for 48h before they could close it up again. Today is my 2nd day of putting pressure on my leg and my ankle has gone blue, swollen and numb with tingling feeling just above ankle. I hope this gets better soon. I rested for 2 weeks after the op.

Hey I'd love a follow up on how you feel now. I got the surgery almost 4 weeks ago and I accidentally did way too much yesterday. I'm hoping it doesn't set me back.

I underwent a double fasciotomy in June 2015 on left leg. Knee to ankle. Upper hip to knee. This was preceeded by two back surgeries for caudal equine syndrome and 2 fractured vertiBrae on L4 and L5 of spine due to a fall down stairs. I developed dropfoot in left foot after second back surgery
Over 4 months out and I can hardly walk with severe pain in left lower leg and foot especially. Any ideas for a suffering guy in VA.