Can you get to Annapolis? Dr Rue is amazing.
He was even recommended by doctors in CT.
He did fasciotomies on my son's legs and was a miracle worker.
I pray you feel better soon.

hi any feedback on your part i have a very similar situation as you i am post surgery for two weeks? any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Go to hear that I am not the only person going throw this pain I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and I'm still in pain

I'm 51 and I had a total left knee replacement March 14th 2016. The second day I was told I had compartment syndrome and needed emergency surgery. They cut a very large opening from my lower hip almost to the knee then two other cuts one on either side of my lower leg. The wounds were left opened and I required 4 pints of blood. The pain was absolutely horrible. I had renal failure from the compartment syndrome. About a week and a half later they took me back to surgery to have everything stapled. I went to a rehab place but 2 days later I was back at the hospital with horrible leg pain all the way to my left foot. I again had renal failure. Now to the present day my entire leg hurts deep into my muscles and now my left foot all the way to the toes just absolutely ache everyday. Even with pain medication I still have pain. Sometimes even the air or the blankets hurt my leg and foot. I dread the night because I can never sleep well. I am always waking up from the pain. If anyone could give me any suggestions whatsoever I would be grateful

Wow keep mssaging even if it hurts??

14 years old, Getting my surgery in 2 months not knowing what to expect but I can't wait to be able to play soccer again at a good level. For anyone who has chronic compartment syndrome you should try IMS (inter-muscular stimulation) it's like acupuncture but the physio will move the needle around while its in you it works wonders.

I lived with compartment syndrome for 3 years and I'm finally getting surgery, I've been told that it'll be a three month recovery and I'll be able to walk the next day. We'll see how it goes

That's awful!!! May I ask how things are going for you now?

How are things now?

Does anyone have any insight on the afterlife of the scars. I have compartment syndrome in both of my thighs induced from soul cycle. I now have 2 razor strip scars about 16 inches each on both of my legs. Anyone know anything to make the scars less visable?

I have had anterior compartment fasciotomy this September and having excruciating pain,can walk only short distances .what has helped me is lymphaedema massage.I think when your leg swells the pressure from it irritates the nerves and causes burning pain.My orthopedist recommended that and also said no streghtening exercises until edema has resolved.
The massage provided immediate relief, but you have to continue the massage as long as you have swelling.

I'm sure your surgeon advised u avoid sunlight until the scars fade? My friend carries natural lip balm w/spf 30 or so. Swipe over the scars, quick and easy.
Pure Vitamin E oil may help, but, the scars will definitely fade. You'll barely see them in a year or so.
Till then, maybe some foundation make up? They even sell water proof...
Hope this helps...

I'm so sorry to read what you have gone through! I hope things are better for you.
2 things come to mind. Ask your doctor first of course. I think soaking in an Epsom salt bath - 2 cups of Epsom salts in the bathtub might help ease the pain. I'd love to hear that you had a bath before bed and then got a good night's sleep. I feel so bad for you.
Natural health food stores and Amazon sell Arnica cream. It's natural and has very good ratings. That might help your pain and allow you to sleep.
Best of luck and if you can please give an update. I will say a prayer for you.

6 years on I am now having to use a wheel chair to get about.Thought I would be running after a year how wrong I was. I cut my femoral artery with a saw when I was cutting logs when I came too they had done a fasciotmy on my leg .now I have parts of my leg which I cant feel and parts which is vary sensitive and is painfull

Dear Dave
I've read your post with much interest. I'm writing from Italy and my 16 year old daughter has the same problem. She underwent fasciotomy 1 month ago and still laments the same pain as before the surgery. I Considering some time has passed from your last post, has the situation got any better now? Your feedback would certainly help us. Thank you