I have had severe rectal itching for almost a year now. It occured only at night, but has now started happening during the day as well. I broke my arm 9 months ago, and since I have difficulty cleaning myself, I started using baby wipes. I use only the unscented kind.
Now my vaginal area has started itching as well. There seems to be a clear, colourless and odorless discharge from the rectum, and wherever this fluid is, the itching starts. It is so severe that I have caused bleeding while scratching. My doctor tells me that I cause it by scratching, and if I could only stop, the itching would also go away. I have used cortisone cream, tea tree oil, vagisil and vaseline. They all give a short term relief, but once I'm asleep the itch drives me crazy. Any help for me?

Hi, I came across your post and I am having a similar problem. Mine has been so bad that I went to the emergency room! They put my on steroids for the itching and also an antibiotic to help heal the open skin. So far not much relief. Ive been on the meds for about 4 days now. Just wondering if u found anything to help you.

-Heather

Eureka, I found it! Something that helps and it’s so simple and logical. I’ve suffered from rectal itch and then hemorrhoids most of my life and then on a trip to Thailand I discovered the bathroom sprayer. Some call it a bidet sprayer, I call it Heaven on Earth as it has completely solved my problem. It eliminates the need for rubbing with toilet paper and then washing with soap which just made it worse because it irritates and take away you own natural oils that you need.