A far back as I can remember I have had a terrible itch on my left big toe. I also have a constant itch on my left index finger and my left thumb. I have been told by a WWII Vet that it is three digit fungus. I have been unable to find a doctor that has ever heard of it. It is a constant itch and nothing seem to help.

Mike

Have you tried hydrocortisone cream?

I have the same thing I have a itch on my pinky fingers and on my small toes it seems that skin grows and I scratch it off everynight and sometimes its hard to sleep because of the constant itch. No Dr has ever recognized it but sometimes I will peel the skin straight off of the part that itches and it will grow back in a day and start itching again

I have the exact same problem. I'm 24 years old and I've had it as long as I could remember! (on my pointer finger digit). My skin is so calloused in the area from years of scratching and I resort to cutting the skin off everynight, to get rid of the callous as well as get a deeper scratch. Nothing for "itching" really helps because I think the itch isn't surface, definitely below the dermis, like it's coming from a nerve. Does it ever feel like no amount of scratching can relieve it and you wanted to scratch beneath your skin? Sometimes pressing down on the spot with a sharp object relieves the itch for me. I've tried to explain this to my doctor but as of yet there's no known cause. My guess is a nerve problem.

Alyssa