hi iam 26 years old , after i have my bowel movement , i began itching and burning . what causes this?

Hey, I know about this problem, I think we all do. And I know this could be quite embarrassing but talking to your doctor about it would be of a great help. You should know that the anal itch is very common and it happens to all of us. There are many reasons for this bugging condition, which could be temporary or sometimes more persistent and troublesome.
For instance it can happen due to aging, as the skin in the rectal area becomes more dry and it can cause itching, as well as too much moist in this area. Also, after a bowel movement, you should pay attention to wipe your anus with some soft paper, as some rough surfaces could damage the skin and thus cause itching.
I know you can also feel itch when you have diarrhea, this is the worst itch time ever, isn’t it? For example, if you have eaten hot and spicy food, then be ready for scratching your anus.
Also, there can be some other causes, such as hemorrhoids, skin irritations, medications, infections etc. But you better have it checked with your doc!

Get a bidet from Amazon if you have this problem a lot. I hardly ever use toilet paper and my rectal area gets a good rinse that paper cannot hope to equal. It will cost you about 40$ and takes all of 15 minutes to self install on any toilet seat.

(I)ALWAY WASH WITH COLD WATER ONLY, NOT SOAP, EVEN SOAPFREE IS NOT GOOD. WE CALL IT CRUTCH-ROT HERE IT IS A COMMON PROBLEM WITH MEN BUT US GIRLS SUFFER TOO.  I PROMISE IT WILL DISAPPEAR IN NO TIME.  MY HUSBAND & I HAVE HELPED SO MANY WITH THIS PROBLEM, & WE LOOK AT IT AS A HUGE DRAMA WHICH IT IS IF YOU ARE THE SUFFERERER, BUT REALLY UNLESS YOUR DOCTOR FINDS OTHERWISE, IT IS FAR MORE COMMON THAN YOU THINK!!!!

(I) GIRLS IT IS HANDY TO SOMETIMES TAKE URAL POWDER FROM THE CHEMIST, IT IS A NUETRALIZER FOR THINGS LIKE URINE INFECTIONS, BUT HELPS WITH BALANCING & REMOVING THE STING OUT OF THESE PROBLEMS TOO, DONOT TAKE CONSTANTLY INCASE IT CAUSES MORE LOOSE BOWELS, BUT A COUPLE OF DAYS WILL HELP.  BUT WASHING AFTER EVERY MOVEMENT & PASSING OF URINE, WILL STOP THE BACTERIAL PROBLEMS & IN SOMETIMES WITHIN HOURS THE BURNING WILL BE ALL GONE.  IT IS A SIMPLE THING, BUT HAS THE AMAZING AFFECT OF ....PULL IT UP IN NO TIME.  ...

THE PROBLEM WITH LONG TERM CREAMS I FOUND AS THAT THEY MASK THE BURN A LITTLE SOMETIMES, BUT DO NOT KEEP OUT THE BACTERIAL PROBLEM WHICH IS PART OF THE TROUBLE TO START WITH.  ALSO DIET, SOFT DRINKS & SUGARS ARE A HUGE MONSTER.  ESPECIALLY SUGARS, & JUNK, I LOVE CHOCOLATE BUT WHEN I HAVE THESE PROBLEMS THE TREATS HAVE TO GO FOR AWHILE, UNTILL I HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL, THE SUGAR SEEMS TO CREATE MORE BACTERIA WHEN THERE IS A FLAIR UP.  ALCOHOL IS A BIG NO NO WHEN YOU HAVE A BURNING BUM, SO BE AWARE OF INTAKE.  ALSO MEDICATIONS CAN CAUSE A HUGE DRAMA WITH SIDE-EFFECTS BEING, ACIDITY, SO CHECK WITH DOCTOR FOR THAT ONE.  SO AS YOU SEE MANY PEOPLE ARE AFFECTED THROUGH MANY MEDIUMS, SO A TEST RUN WILL HELP.  DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS THOUGH, DO THE RIGHT THING, & ASK YOUR DOCTOR FOR SIDE-EFFECTS & OPTIONS FIRST.

:-DPLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO WASH,  WASH,  WASH!!!!  WATER WATER WATER, DONOT RUB HARD JUST RINSE GENTLY, ALL DAY LONG IF REALLY BAD, AFTER EVERY TYPE OF MOVEMENT WEE OR BUM... IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT AT HOME, THEN TAKE YOUR TISSUES WITH YOU, PLAIN NON-PATTERNED OR GET TOILET PAPER FIRST, GO IN & BE READY TO DAB WITH QUITE WET TISSUE IMMEDIATELY AS YOU ARE FINISHING.  DAB FROM FRONT TO BACK OF BOTTOM NEVER, FROM BACK OF BUM TO FRONT OF PRIVATE PARTS OR YOU WILL CAUSE A WIPING FRICTION BURN & WITH US GIRLS MORE TROUBLES LIKE URINE INFECTIONS OR BOWELS INFECTIONS WHICH IS THE LAST THING YOU NEED RIGHT....

WITH SEXUAL ACTS FOR ALL CONCERNED EITHER PREFERENCE, BE AWARE THAT SWEAT & BOTTOM MOISTURE WILL SPREAD VERY EASILY ALL OVER THESE AREAS SO THE SAME APPLIES, I KNOW IT MAY RUIN THE MOMENT FOR A MOMENT, BUT FOR YOURSELF TO ENJOY YOURSELF IN THE FUTURE WITH NO BURNING ( WHICH OVER TIME WILL AFFECT YOUR LOVE LIFE), DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR GO & RINSE WITH THE SHOWER HEAD OR BATH WATER RUNNING FOR A FEW MINUTES & PRESTO THE RELIEF IS ALSO WONDERFUL.

I REALLY REALLY HOPE THIS GIVES SOME RELIEF BECAUSE IT IS AN AWFUL THING, BUT REMEMBER IT IS SOOO COMMON, UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME OTHER HEALTH ISSUE CAUSING THIS,  I AM BATTLING CANCER MY HUSBAND & I HAVE BOTH HAD NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES & KNOW SUFFERING, & HAVE LOOKED FOR ANY ANSWER THAT WILL WORK & THIS IS ONE OF THEM, HUNDREDS OF BOTTOMS CAN'T BE WRONG... ALSO DRINK LOTS OF WATER TOO, I HAVE STARTING USING A PRODUCT CALLED SPIRULINA, IT IS AN ALGAE PRODUCT, BEST PROTEIN IN THE WORLD, IT IS GREAT FOR ALL AILMENTS, WE HAVE WASTED OUR MONEY ON MANY THINGS WITH VERY NOT HAPPY JAN RESULTS, BUT THIS IS BEEN THE BEST.  I WON'T GIVE THE ALL DETAILS HERE TOO MANY, BUT IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT GET IT FROM BULK BUY LIKE EBAYS ETC.  IT HELPS MY TUMMY & ARTHRITIS ETC WONDERFULLY,  TAKE IN IN VERY SMALL DOSES, LIKE ANYTHING THE BODY NEEDS TIME TO ADJUST, YOU CERTAINLY DO NOT NEED ANYMORE BOWEL ETC DRAMAS. I AM NOT BIG ON SUGGESTING STUFF BECAUSE ALOT OF IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY, BUT THE OTHER THING WE FOUND GREAT FOR THE BOWEL IS CLORAPYHILL NOT SURE HOW IT'S SPELLED, IT IS A BODY NUETRALIZER TOO SO WILL HELP WITH BOWEL & TUMMY, ALOT SUGGEST BOWELS PRODUCTS LIKE CLEANSERS ETC BUT I FIND THEY STRIP THE BOWEL & TUMMY TOO MUCH & CAUSE MORE TROUBLES, OUR BODY DOES NOT NEED COLONICS & THINGS STUCK UP ITSELF.  JUST SOMETIMES WE NEED THE SIMPLE APPROACH & THIS IS ONE OF THEM,  GOOD LUCK.:O

HELENE, it is obvious that you do not have the kind of itching, seeping anal area which burns and then has fresh blood on the tissue when wiping the rectum. I started this about 25 years ago and kept thinking I had worms as the small itch stopped when I scraped the exact area with a fingernail. But there was never any parasites found in the tests. I usually took the cure anyway as that helped me to be reasured. I now do not only get the itch but a bad burn, like pure acid or amonia. I plan to try liver cleanses and have a feeling it will help.

My problem is now cured!!!

I am 60 and was having anul burning and itching. I found that my body PH was very acidic, so commenced taking 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 teaspoon of rice malt syrup and a little water every day, this returned my body to a normal PH balance.  A side effect of doing this was that my bottom itching and burning ceased.  There is a huge amount of information on the web about the benefits of apple cider vinegar.  Other benefits are appetite supressant and no sugar cravings which is amazing.  But there is so much more to this superfood.  Check it out yourself on the internet and you will be converted too.