About a month ago, I started having itch under my scrotum, inner thigh, and in rectal area. I felt a lot of small bumps nder the scrotum leading into my anus area. I also have a couple of bumps on my scrotum and a few in my inner thigh area. I can feel them when I stretch the skin in both areas. Lately, I have this unstoppable itch in my arm pits, back of my ears, in my scalp (have samll bumps on the scalp only on the back side of my head), arms and my inner thigh. The itch under my scrotum is particularly bothersome. It is a stinging type of itch, which hurts when you scratch. Could it be scabies? It feels like something is crawling under my skin. I did a lot of travelling in the last couple of months and stayed at different motels. I started noticing the symptoms just about the same time. I also have a lot of small clusters of little bumps on my shoulder blades and some on my arms.

So whats the answer????????????????? 8-| 8-|

OH my God every single thing you described there is exactly the same symptoms i have as well. so i guess it's not just me.. i've been trying to find out what is is. but haven't been successful. my doctor thinks it's something else and gave me this cream to rub on it. at first it helped wit the itching and drying but now it's like the condition is getting use to the cream.. Posner's work as good as before.

I guess that you do not have anything to be sort of afraid of. Its not dangerus.
I am 52. I had it since I was a teenager. I also have some bombs (filled with some white kind of fat I guess.
I have tried everything. My first doctor, when I was a teeager, suggested that a little sun could help. Since that I became a nudist. But till nightly itchi.
I tried shaving, I tried differeny kinds of oil, and creams with cortison or not.
A couple of times the bumbs have been infected. I removed them brutally by ice and scalpell.
Antihistamin was OK but I was so sleapy in the mornings.
I tried long showers with no soap. I tried without underware. I treiad extra washes of underware without soap. I tried to pull off the hair, brasinian style. But..
The best way have been to cut my nails very short. I do not know if I scracth then but I do not wake up nightly. I also would be pleased if there was a cure.
Good luck

The worst scratc is just vhere the skin of the scrotum changes from darker skin to brighter skin on the sides.
Best regards

I have the SAME THING! I need a cure for this. It consumes me, and I can't concentrate.

PLEASE can't somebody figure this thing out?

What you have sounds exactly like scabies. When I was living in residence last year at university we had an outbreak in our building... And I was one of the many unlucky ones to get scabies.

In general, those effected by scabies feel an itch all over their bodies, and if contracted through sex the itch will at first be felt in the genital area. Small red bumps are also usually seen as an allergic response to the scabies.

The only way to get rid of scabies is with a permethrin treatment. In order for treatment to be successful, you must make sure you get a solution that has a 5% concentration of permethrin. Any lower percentage will not effectively kill the mites. You must also wash any clothes, sheets, personal belongings, carpets, etc that you have come in contact with in the last three days. This is because without a human host, scabies can only live for at most 72 hours. Anything that can be washed should be washed in the hottest water possible in order to effectively kill the mites. Any clothes or articles that you come into contact with while undergoing the permethrin treatment should be immediately washed or disinfected. Any articles that cannot be washed should be drycleaned. Articles that cannot be washed or dry cleaned should be frozen overnight, or quarantined in a tied, plastic bag for an extended period of time. Large furniture, such as mattresses and couches should be covered with plastic and not used for several days.

Any family members that live in your household should also be treated, even if they are not displaying symptoms. This is because they could either have become infested from you directly, or from articles that you have been in contact from. Symptoms generally appear four to six weeks after infestation.

Hope this all helps. If you need any additional information, please feel free to shoot me a message.

Branden, B.Sc.N. Student

Check with a dermatologist and see if it's psoriasis

Please check your symptoms against diagram on first link.

http://morgellonsanjel.blog.com/

Alkalize... inside and out!!!

*email at _[removed]_

It could be scabies, or it could be Morgellons....
see these sites for more info:
God Bless,

Dan

Although I can't say it's not something bad, I can suggest that hot showers are pretty bad for your skin. My skin dries out and gets itchy. It's easy to "raise" a rash if you scratch dry skin. The scratching causes irritation that causes more itching.

The symptoms you're describing happen to me every Winter. When I first noticed, I thought I had fleas (I had just been in a house with some fleas, and did get some bites). But that was years and several bug bombs ago.

So, if you've got these symptoms and take your showers hot, try cooling them off, using moisturizer, and not scratching as much as possible.

Hey,

Try regularly washing the area with a tea tree based shampoo that you would get from a salon (not just a regular store, they're watered down).

Try it for like, a week, daily, when you shower. See if this helps.

I too have had some luck with rather similar symptoms by using a Tea Tree (melaleuka sp.)-based shampoo.

When I first used the shampoo, the sense of relief from the crawling sensation was marked -- A cure, I've fixed it! Unfortunately, that didn't bear out completely over time. As a management method, tea tree oil in various guises has been pretty good over time though; it takes the edge off the experience, which is a big win anyway.

I've also sometimes used unadulterated Tea Tree oil, which is sold in drug stores and even in the natural food sections of supermarkets, on various spots where the symptoms were most acute. (Some people find the oil pretty intense, however, so your mileage may vary. Don't get it too near your eyes.)

Tea Tree oil happens to be reputed to help against both mites of various kinds and fungal infections. That means our empirical success with it doesn't give us a very clear clue about what's happening to us. Dang. While the crawling sensation here might seem, common-sensically, to be more of an insect parasite sort of thing, certain cutaneous fungi can cause the same sensation. (Yeast infections can be skin-based, for example, and people report that.)

I should also add that this sensation *definitely* seems to be tied to specific spots in my house, and sometimes to specific types of fabric or other environmental cues elsewhere. I've had to go on a few trips since this thing afflicted me first several months ago, and usually the various symptoms have died down when I'm away from home. Not magic.... I'm wary of home in various ways now, though.

The level of discomfort and the overall emotional effect of this sort of thing happening to us over months.... Be good to yourselves, people.

THIS IS NOT SCABIES UNLESS U HAVE THE ITCH BETWEEN YOUR FINGERS... SCABIES STARTS IN BETWEEN THE FINGERS FIRST AND HIGHLY

I think I have a good answer for the itching between the thighs. I too have the same itching between my thighs with a pretty strong smell. I also have the redness and the dry skin. I think I have fungus. It could also be from sweating, I am pretty athletic and sweat quiet a bit. I tried all sorts of creams and powders, I also tried a prescription cream through my doctor. Nothing seems to work and the itching comes right back. One day I got the idea to try the deodorant that I use daily for my underarms. I use the Right Guard Antiperspirant & Deodorant Gel type. I bought a second one and every day after I shower and dry, I apply the deodorant to my genital area including my balls. I generally wipe the deodorant stick with toilet paper to keep it clean after use. I don't recommend using the same stick that is used for underarms and keep the two separate so they don't get mixed up. I have had NO itching since the first day I started using this and my genital area actually smells good no matter how much I sweat in sports. I am so happy.