I wonder where I can find information about keyhole surgery and the risks and side effects that are involved with this type of surgery? I understand that it depends on the surgery being performed and the location in the body, but I wanted to have a general idea about the side effects of keyhole surgery in general.

Keyhole surgery, also called minimally invasive surgery is a modern surgical technique in which operations in the abdomen are performed through small incisions, usually 0.5–1.5 cm in size. Keyhole surgery uses images displayed on TV monitors for magnification of the surgical elements. This surgical technique is far more popular and safer than standard techniques, but it still can have its downsides, like rare injuries small to abdominal blood vessels, and it’s fairly common that shoulders hurt for a few days after the operation, but this pain doesn’t have any serious consequences. Main reason for possible failure of keyhole surgery is scar tissue from previous surgeries in the same region.