Hi, most posts i see about red rashes on the inner thigh are about jock itch. When a smell is mentioned people say to go see a doctor.
I have red patches on the inside of each thigh which are very smooth and sometimes have a stale egg smell. There is no scales. Sometimes this area feels wet although it is only moist to the touch and sometimes not moist at all. There is only a slight dull itch and only if touched. There is a dull burning sensation too, like the skin is tearing. I am slightly overweight, male and sweat a bit. It goes away some days and comes back others, usually in the hotter months. Is what I am describing simply jock itch or is there something else? I've had it for about 3 or 4 years but thought it was just from sweating. I am a clean person, when I wash the area it can go a little raw. The redness is only in the crease between my legs.

I have had this same problem. I have used the a and d ointment and it helps. I put it on the rashy area and it helps out a lot. Usually takes a few hours for the symptoms to go away so I take a shower and then apply right before bed. You will be good in the morning. I don't believe that it is a jock itch. You should be fine. Does it mostly occur when your inner thigh rubs together? That is most likely the solution. Hopes this helps.

Eat yogurt it is a yeast infection works every time just a couple a week you will see it disappear

I looked up male rashes and found this page. I too have recently had a rash appear on my inner thigh but before it was not so bad. I've been using an ointment and has gone away. This time it's a bit more severe, well it's more itchy. Any suggestions fellow bromigos?

Stay away from steroids. I only makes it worse. Had this for years also. Noticed it all began when I started drinking coffee. Now that I stopped it has subsided a lot. Now the next therapy will be dandelion tea as I believe I have taxed my liver a bit.Ointmints are not the answer.Try elimination of certain food groups suspected of causing the problem. Usually it would be acid forming ones. Get a list from the internet.

ya i have same problem what ever you wright its correct but what is the solution for this joke itch i m suffering from 4 to 5 month but its not recovering. i used terbinaforce tube nd tablets nd quardidrum, tina drum solution fulkonazole nd etc but its nit resolving.

i get red rash on my inner thighs only when i jog or play soccer or do lots of other physical activities.. It burns and pains a lot.. Is it because of my underwear or do i have any other problem? Plz give me a solution

I've got this issue for a while and I have been taking antibiotics to put it under control. but after taking the pills the rash will reappear and the awful smell will emanate too. please I really need your help.

Use cortisone cream

Dehydration or lack of drinking water can cause a slimy, irritation, and smell. When your body is dehydrated it’s only way to get rid of toxins is to produce this slimy film to get toxins out. Which can be real smelly and irritate skin. Clean with antibacterial cleanser and stay hydrated.

Correct! I have had endured the very same.

I recently developed a similar rash on my inner thigh where it reaches toward the groin, but never touches it. It doesn’t really, itch, but it burns and feels most painful if touched. It only felt moist to the touch. I think it may have something to do with my underwear since I have not done much exertion recently due to the holidays. What concerns me most is the smell, which is hard to describe. I would compare it to a very salty, fishy smell. Even after showering it lingers. I put on petroleum jelly and that helped a lot with the painful rash after a few hours. I will post again after I shower again with results if I just need increased scrubbing.

Not sure if I have the same ‘malaise’. I have a few spots on just one inner upper thigh. The odour from the area is a sharp fishy unpleasant smell. It’s a very localised small area - is only in one area on my left inner thigh. No itchiness, just an unpleasant smell from the spots on the crease.

What’s the name of the ointment?

Yes, I’m having this same problem, it seems like a ring on my inner thigh I really don’t know what to do, seeing a doctor is embarrassing, not to be weird.