Hi, for a few days now I've felt like I had a hair stuck in my throat, and there's been a pimple sized bump in there, maybe a bite. I woke up this morning and my throat hurts a bit from it now, mostly when I swallow. Could anyone have any idea what the bump is? Should I be worried?

Hi there, it sounds to me like you might have a throat infection or a sore throat...but with a bump like that, it might be a good idea to see a physician about it. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing, but that's not entirely normal. Have you spoken to one about it?

you likely have tonsil stones. i am experiencing the same thing. google tonsil stones or "tonsilloliths" for more information.

Do you feel this in your throat or on your tonsils? If it is close to your uvula it might be located on your tonsils and there could be several things that might cause this. You mention a bite, but I don’t think that this is the case. It might be however a tonsil stone that might be coming out. Tonsil stones are calcified parts of the food that get stuck on your tonsils. Do you use mouth wash? It is important to keep the oral hygiene on the high level. Do you have any swellings on the outside of the throat? Try not to eat hard food, and go with soft diet for two or three days.