I would like to find out about Reflux as related to the heart problem. My mother, she is 56 years old has been suffering from gastro esophageal reflux. Even though she has tried to get rid of it with diets and medications it is still there and has been troubling her for pas 10 months. She has also been complaining of some burning sensation in the chest, so I am worried for her heart. Is there a link?

Actually, no. If you and your mother are concerned about her heart condition, you can always make an appointment with cardiologist. What she is feeling, this burning sensation in the chest, is a symptom quite common for the people suffering from GE reflux. It is also called heartburn, some also describe it as a feeling of fullness in the middle chest area. I guess she has to continue with diets, they will pay off eventually.