Does anyone else experience this burning sensation in the neck and chest area? It has been constant for a couple of weeks. It also feels cool when exposed to cold air.

I have been experiencing this also but with added symptoms, a general feeling of being unwell, swelling of the gland in my neck below my right ear mainly which is tender and experienced a fever and shivers for over a week and occasional pounding heart. Ive been to see the doctor several times since november over this and still all my blood test results have come back fine no glandular fever (suposedly the nost likely cause), ECG came back normal, immunology test came back normal so i was treated for pharyngitis yet symptoms still havent subsided and much to my amazement this afternoon i went to see the doctor again and what does he want to do another test for Glandular Fever completely hopeless i think im going to go and sit in A & E for several hours to get to the bottom of this once and for all its an extremely unpleasant and uncomfortable feeling!!!

I'm just curious...Did you ever get a proper diagnosis? I've been feeling this strange sensation that you have described. I feel hopeless because I think my family doctor is quite incompetent and is not prescribing the right stuff. Help me please!!

hi Gaz999, did you find out what it was?

I have been experiencing these same symptoms for about a month now and not getting any better. To me the pain seems like it is getting worse. A month ago, my family Doctor said he thought I had pneumonia and gave me an antibiotic, but it didn't help. My X-Ray he took came back normal. They did a blood test and it came back normal. Been back and forth to the Dr. several times. But I have intense pain in the chest and neck area even across my front collar bone area. It hurts worse when I exert myself, for example: carrying groceries in the house, lifting up my 5 year old grandson and putting him to bed, lifting anything heavy, or working on my car in the garage etc... I would appreciate any help with this, it is actually kind of hard to explain how I am feeling to the Doctor. He actually says he doesn't know what it is.

I have the same thing. Ouch!
My potassium level was very high at my last blood test.
It might help you out to have another blood test, and check your potassium levels.
Dr. Weil said no one can eat enough high potassium foods to cause this. Ouch 2!
I monitor my potassium levels now...
I think the only thing that helps is lots of water...lots of water to wash the toxins out of your body.
There is not too much you can eat. That is the bad news.
The good news is that you can still eat lettuce and use olive oil.
Monitor your potassium level for awhile, and eat only very low potassium foods.
Maybe this will help?
I hope you are feeling better, via the date on your post.

water will not help fool

I have the same feeling ! i know the burning sensation in my chest is heartburn , but as my heartburn dies down , i feel the burning in my neck ! it feels like when you go out side on a sunny day , and sun BEATS down on your neck . its almost impossible to sleep ! and whenever i find myself drifting off , i'm instantly awoken from the pain . i'm going to the doctor tomorrow , so maybe i can be of help to others with this pain too !

Brianna !

did anyone get any results back or figure out what this is b/c I have now been experiencing the same symptoms.  I am going to the doctor tomorrow.  It seems like none of these doctors have any idea what it is.  Please keep me posted on this.  If my doc has anything new to add, I will let everyone know.

Teri

catherine wrote:

FY!
Water does help...Fool.
Do the research before you stick your whole foot in your ignorant mouth!
I did my research.

Stress seemed to make it worse for me. I drink water ALL DAY LONG MS. IGNORANT MOUTH!

Hi Teri. Have had same symptoms the last 5 weeks. found nothing yet. hot burning skin on my chest and neck are. what is it !!!!

Same symptoms for the past month, I went to the ER and they said it's caused my an irregular heart rate and you develop signs of anxiety and panic attacks. They gave me a volume to relax my nerves and released me with a promised follow up. Saw my family doctor and an ekg confirmed rapid heart rate and he put me on meds to control it. He said stay away from chocolate and coffee which can also cause rapid heart beats

I have had burning/heat in my neck, ears, upper torso for the past 2 months. Have had numerous blood samples but still have no diagnosis. I took Cymbalta for three weeks (fiber myalgia) and it made the condition worse (side effect of that particular drug). Feel it now throughout the day, but laying in bed at night intensifies the problem.

The skin burning on the neck, forehead, around the eyes and the feet, sounds like Bremsstrahlung. Or the ability to feel ionizing particles that have escaped through the atmosphere. To test for this, wrap alfoil over the affected area, this will cut it down by 13%. Next, place a piece of roofing lead over the affected area which should cut down the burning by 50%. If that worked, you now know what you can feel.

Shh, dont say anything, just buy some lead, some mylar survival blankets and lots of alfoil.

Boy scout, awesome. Simply awesome.