I just vomitted 5 or 6 times dues to acid reflux & altho my stomach / esophagus is empty, it feels very uncomfortable when I swallow.  It's not painful, just very uncomfortable.  Can you help?

Hi hap! There's something different in your story which makes me think you should see a doctor and probably do an exam that’s called endoscopy ( maybe you have already heard about it?). one of the most common symptoms of gastro esophageal reflux is a burning sensation , a heartburn and that's not only uncomfortable but painful. but in medicine nothing is 100% so maybe you have a reflux without pain. There are anyway medications that your GP can prescribe that will help you with that. practical things you can already do is not lying down the first 2 but preferably 4 hours after a meal and neither do intense exercise at this time also. If you are overweight you should lose weight. There are also some food that makes this worse: chocolate, acid foods, caffeine containing drinks, alcohol and food full of fat. Avoid them all. But, don't forget to see your doctor to confirm your diagnose. 

Thank u for the reply. I've heard of endoscopy, but haven't had the need (so far) to have one. This uncomfortable feeling in my throat is a result of vomiting, which in my case was a result of acid reflux. It wasn't the reflux itself. I didn't have this while I was lying down. Are u an md? Thank you much again.

An update to my reply....Just having a coffee now & it seems to be helping (a bit) my throat. I'm thinking it just got extremely dry after I vomited (quite violently) so many times. Hopefully more "just very dry" than damage down, but I will go c the dr if symptoms persist. Thank you!

Take care with coffee. Coffee is one of the foods that really makes the reflux worse.

I know...it's actually french vanilla. I just have it in the morning b4 I go to work. Doesn't seem to affect my reflux. What DOES bother it is eating later at night, then lying down within an hr or 2. Again, r u an md? Thank u.