Hi everyone. I’ve been having some problems lately. I keep having this burning pain around the lower chest area. Almost everyone in my family has this problem. My mother says that this is caused by stomach acid going back up into the food pipe. She says it is not so serious, and none of us ever goes to see a doctor about it. My mom also says it might be a good idea to try an alkaline diet. She always says she is starting next week with it, but she never does. I am really considering trying this diet since this acid reflux is pretty annoying. Do you think alkaline diet can really help me?

Hi TinkerBell23

My dad also has a big problem with acid reflux. The problem is so serious that he can’t even eat normally. The doctor prescribed him some medications that are supposed to help him, but that is just a short term relief. He must take these medications after every meal. :/

Recently I’ve heard that alkaline foods can help you with acid reflux and heartburn. If this is true, I would definitely recommend you following an alkaline diet for a while.

I recommended that to my father but he thinks it is too much effort, he finds it easier to take a pill.

I am sorry to hear about your problems. If anyone can understand you guys, it is me. I had terrible problems with this. I had acid reflux after every single meal. It was very irritating and I didn’t know what to do. My doctor said to me that I must change my eating habits or it can lead to GERD (gastro esophageal reflux disease). He also recommended me an alkaline diet because the alkaline foods don’t irritate your stomach.

After that I started following alkaline diet and I don’t have problems anymore. The answer to your question is that it sure helps.

So, convince your dad to start following this diet and I am sure he will be better soon.