i am about to have my silicone oil removed after retinal detachment surgery. When shall I have my normal vision after the removal?

Hello there sun

Since you had retinal detachment surgery you have probably talked with your surgeon about everything. He has probably told you that every person is different and that recovery time for some people takes longer than for the others. Since you will be seeing him very soon for silicone oil removal it would be best to ask him what he thinks about your recovery and how long it will take for you to restore your previous vision quality.

And if you don’t feel any pain anymore which is usually caused by antibiotics which are injected after the surgery than it is probably just a matter of days in question. But just to be sure ask your surgeon and good luck.

hi, im intersted how your silicon removal went ,as ive had mine in for 4 years,and wondered if i have it taken out will my vision improve. ***this post is edited by moderator *** ***
private e-mails not allowed***
Please read our Terms
of Use

tell me from 1 to 10 scale...What would u say the rating be right now with the silicone oil in your eye..

VISION GODD ;

I am about to remove the silicone oil after 14months what about the vision will be?

I rate five

I have no pain...1month completed also.. .

I have had oil for 3weeks. Seeing 20/200 out of the eye. Can’t wait to have oil removed. This is my second detachment. Same eye different spot. Used gas bubble before and it worked great. Used silicone oil so I could fly to Hawaii for planned 65 th birthday (hers) can’t fly with gas bubble which is the way to go otherwise But no flying!