Hello! I planned to have my cataract surgery two weeks ago but it was postponed since I got terrible cold with high fever. I feel fine now and I will have my surgery tomorrow. But, it completely disturbed my plans for a short holiday which I planned months ago. I planned to fly to the coast and since my surgery was postponed the flight will be only three day after my surgery. How soon can I fly after my cataract surgery? Would the change in pressure at high altitude be a problem?

Hello! There are no restrictions on flying after cataract surgery. It is safe even relatively soon after the procedure. If you feel your eye a little dry and irritable this is because of the air conditioning. Flying could be dangerous only after eye surgery when a bubble of gas has been placed within the eye which is not done during normal cataract surgery. It is sometimes done in retinal detachment repair. It can happen that gas within the eye expands which can be harmful.

thanks VERY MUCH