Sometime before my vision changed I was experiencing flashing lights in front of my eyes. Also I had a feeling of a curtain that covers my vim. Last week I visited my doctor. He told me that all this symptoms are from retinal detachment and that it had to be cured. What is a retinal detachment and how can it be cured?

Retinal detachment starts with a hole, flat or tears in the peripheral retina. This happens to a people with a history of myopia trauma etc. Retinal detachment cures surgically. Doctors usually provoke an inflammation in retina in order to get it back on its place. Also it is done to prevent more vision defects. Laser is the most common technique to cure this condition.

Hi there,
I have to tell you that this condition is very serious. Retinal detachment is a separation of the light sensitive membrane in the back of the eye, which is called retina, from its supporting layers. Now if your retina is detaching from your eyes you can go blind from this. So it is very important to see a doctor as soon as you can. You have to understand that time here is very important because if you wait too long your condition will only get worse. You have to know that that the surgery is the best treatment for your condition. Have you considered to have a surgery to get rid of this problem?
Best wishes,
Marco