I was wondering if anyone could tell me some of the symptoms of a torn retina.

i don't know for sure if there are specific symptoms for a torn retina but it is usually happens when you have a retinal detachment. When the retina detaches there are sometime extra floaties in your vision. Everyone will experience some floaties (look like there is dust floating in your eyeball, usually most noticable when you close you eyes. Sometime with a tear you will loose vision in the area with the tear.

If you ANY concern that you may have a retinal detachment go to your optomitrist immediatly. Retinal detachment is a medical EMERGENCY and surgery to fix it will usually occur that day or the next day.

I had a retinal detachment a year and a half ago and had surgery to correct it at age 24. I have full vision but a stornger perscription.

During my routine eye exam last week my doctor discovered the retina in my left eye was torn. I had NO symptoms. He said I had to have it repaired or it would eventually detach. He said the procedure for a torn retina is much simplier than a detached retina.

I go for the procedure tommorow--still have no symptoms.