I have different infections and diseases during my life. In many cases, I have been prescribed to use antibiotics. However, I have heard some people use antibiotics without any success. When I asked why this happens, I have heard this is because of bacteria’s resistance. I found it interesting and I want to learn more about this phenomenon, so please tell me why this happens.

Bacteria resistance is results from gene action; this is first thing you should understand for following explanation. Bacteria acquire genes conferring resistance in any of three different ways I will try to tell you. In spontaneous DNA mutation, bacterial DNA or its genetic material may mutate, or change, spontaneously. For example, drug-resistant tuberculosis arises this way and survives. In a form of microbial sex called transformation, one bacterium may take up DNA from another bacterium, which is great problem. Penicillin-resistant gonorrhea results from transformation, but most frightening, is resistance acquired from a small circle of DNA called a plasmid. That plasmid can flit from one type of bacterium to another, and single plasmid can provide a slew of different resistances. Though bacterial antibiotic resistance is a natural phenomenon, societal factors also contribute to the problem as well. These factors include increased infection transmission, coupled with inappropriate antibiotic use that is common mistake lately. Although some people clearly need to be treated with antibiotics, many experts are concerned about the inappropriate use of these powerful drugs, because of this famous resistance.