Hi, for many years I’ve had problems with acne, and I finally visited a dermatologist. She told me that I have bacteria that lives in my skin and causes acne. She recommended me some product that contains minocin. I don’t know anything about this drug, and I want to know what benefits to expect.

Hi, minocin is antibiotic that is used for treating many bacterial inflammations, and in your case-for acne. Even if you notice that your skin condition is improving, don’t stop with the treatment until your doctor says so. The only benefit that you need from minocin is acne reduction, but it can have many other benefits for people who have different kinds of bacterial infections. You probably have bacterium called Propionebacterium. It is a common cause of acne appearing, and it’s usually treated with antibiotics. This bacteria feeds on sebum that is produced by the sebaceous glands. It is a reason that you have waste products, fatty acids and redness on your skin. Minocin will help you with this problem, you just have to be patient.