I get several colds every winter. They are always manifesting with cough, muscle pain, sore throat fatigue and disable me to work. I need a good medicine to treat cough that bothers me and that contains antibiotic and analgetic. I tried with some cough syrups, but it just lightened cough and I still felt pain and drowsiness. Is there a cough syrup, pain reliever and antibiotic all in one preparation?

Try with cough syrup with dextromethorphan, I am sure it will help you. Over the counter medicines reduce unnecessary antibiotic use. The inappropriate use of antibiotics is a key factor in a rise of bacterial antibiotic resistance. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ketoprofen, naproxen, actron reduce inflammation and relieve from pain. Aspirin is also one you can trust. Don’t think that it is not strong enough. Have a lot of tea, lemon, chicken soup. Try with salvia tea for your sore throat.