Hi! Is there any physical or lab test that can absolutely diagnose schizophrenia? How can be diagnosed schizophrenia? I am afraid that I am schizophrenic. Something strange is happening with me.

Hi! There is currently no physical or lab test that can absolutely diagnose schizophrenia - a psychiatrist usually comes to the diagnosis based on clinical symptoms. People diagnosed with schizophrenia usually experience a combination of positive (i.e. hallucinations, delusions, racing thoughts), negative (i.e. apathy, lack of emotion, poor or nonexistent social functioning), and cognitive (disorganized thoughts, difficulty concentrating and/or following instructions, difficulty completing tasks, memory problems). What physical testing can do is rule out a lot of other conditions (seizure disorders, metabolic disorders, thyroid dysfunction, brain tumor, street drug use, etc) that sometimes have similar symptoms. If you suspect that you have schizophrenia it is important to see a good psychiatrist that is experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of schizophrenia. The first step in getting treatment for schizophrenia is getting a correct diagnosis.