Hi, I am worried about my son. In the last few days, he was complaining a lot on a strange feeling in his ear. He said that his hearing is bad, and that he feels buzzing and hissing all the time. Could this be an inner ear infection?

Hi, my daughter had an inner ear infection. She had a mild vertigo and ringing in the ears. A doctor suspected that some bacteria caused labyrinthitis, but he wasn’t shore. He said that many times the reason is unknown. The other cause could be an upper respiratory infection like the flu. It is possible that your son has the same condition, because the symptoms are similar. Beside buzzing, ringing and vertigo, my daughter had nausea and vomiting. Fortunately, the infection improved on its own, and there were no any permanent consequences. It is easy for inner ear infection to spread from one to the other ear, because the entire labyrinth is less than half an inch across.