Hi, my 4 year old son is complaining of horrible pain in left ear, he has fever and weak general condition. I suppose it’s an infection, so I intended to give him ear drops, he used last time when he had ear infection. What are other signs of ear infection?

Hi, it’s very likely that your child is suffering an ear infection. The most common symptoms of ear infection in children are: ear pain, fever, a temporary decrease in hearing, not being able to sleep; vomiting or diarrhea; lack of appetite and sometimes pus draining from the ear. Some other conditions like infection of the ear canal skin (swimmer's ear), a sore throat or teething or sore gums may also provoke symptoms as those of an ear infection. Upper respiratory infections can easily spread to ear and produce another infection. Additionally, exposure to smoke, attending a large group daycare and lying down while drinking a bottle will increase risks.