I am 31 years old woman and recently I had acute respiratory infection. I want to know more about these infections. What is the most common cause of these infections? What are the symptoms? Are they dangerous?

Every condition that is not treated is dangerous, including this one. Acute respiratory infections can affect both the upper or lower respiratory systems. An Upper Respiratory Infection involves the ears, nose, throat or sinuses and infections of the lower respiratory system involve the trachea or wind pipe, bronchial tubes and the lungs themselves. When a respiratory infection occurs one or both of these systems can be involved. Infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract are initially caused by viral organisms and the most common upper respiratory infection is the common cold. It can also affect the ears, nose, throat and sinuses. The exact symptoms depend on which systems are affected. Both upper and lower respiratory tract infections are often accompanied by fever, generalized body aches and pains, headaches, joint pains, sweats, sometimes diarrhea or constipation. Diagnosis is made on the history of the symptoms and their progression. Usually the combination of medical history and physical examination can make the diagnosis. I hope I was helpful.