Hello, folks. It seems I suffer from angina pectoris. My doctor would like to visualize the percentage of my coronary arteries narrowing. He suggests me to do cardiac catheterization. I would like to hear other people’s experiences about this before I make up my mind. This will mean a lot to me. Thanks.

Hello. My husband did this. It is done under the anesthetics, so I don’t see why you wouldn’t do it. A doctor puts a thin plastic tube (catheter) into the vein or artery in your arm or leg. After that, he injects the contrast. This contrast reaches your coronary arteries. You are being shot by an X-ray. Your arteries are visualized on a computer. This procedure is significant, because it shows the percentage of the narrowing of your coronary arteries. If it is a significant percentage, then some treatment must be done in order to prevent some serious consequences.