Hello! My latest blood test showed my cholesterol rate is over 170 and as I understood my doc I could be in serious risk on getting arteriosclerosis so I am now curious will it cause permanent damage and how could I fix my condition anyway. I would really appreciate a lot if someone tells me what would be the best way to fight this high cholesterol rate and would like to hear how effective cholesterol level reduction could be and is it possible it could cause me some permanent damage of my arteries? Thanks!

I am positive you could effectively decrease cholesterol levels and therefore decrease the accumulated fats that is plaques that were gradually accumulated on your artery's walls I suppose for that is why you are at risk of getting coronary artery disease or brain artery disease causing serious risk of getting heart attack or stroke. Anyway by changing lifestyle adopting healthy eating habits and regular exercising you are on good way to avoid permanent damage caused by high cholesterol rates so watch out what you eat for that is the best way to fight your high cholesterol. I will tell what I was doing for I was in the same sort of a problem few years ago and due to high cholesterol levels I even started feeling fatigue and some light chest pain and pressure –that is actually the very beginning of coronary artery disease and I decided to do what my doc told me and that was quit smoking right away and I started exercising regularly though I never did it before despite the fact I was over 30 at that time. Anyway my first high cholesterol treatment step was to lose some weight for losing more than 5 up to 10 extra weight is good way to decrease cholesterol rate and also what counts the most here is what you eat so choose healthier fats and that means avoid eating saturated and trans fats, you have this healthy fats in olive, peanut and canola oils and also in walnuts and almonds. Avoid intake too much cholesterol- and you have got it in egg yolks, organ meats and whole milk products so try to limit cholesterol intake on 300mg daily and eat a lot of fish especially tuna, sardines, herring and salmon. Of course vegetables and fruits are the must as well as whole grains products. If you start behaving this way I am sure you would avoid possibility to get some permanent damage caused by high cholesterol levels, just change your lifestyle and you are on the right way already to fight it.