Medical Complain:
Continuous BURNING sensation (not pain) in RIGHT HAND RING FINGER, becomes now severe, which is now affected to pinkie & middle finger also, hampering my daily life, sleeping and leisure.

This burning sensation first noticed at the last quarter of 2007. Which was relieved temporarily by taking some medicines from August 2008 but after withdrawing the medicines one by one as per doctors advice i felt better for 6~9 months period only.

Now, from the beginning of 2010 again burning sensation back to right ring finger as usual and being spreading out toward neighbouring 2-fingers. Now this burning sensation is severe and shooting up to elbow and sometimes to shoulder also, through vein.

Please advise me to releif from this 24 hrs burning pain.

Hello! I would hazzard a guess that you have a herniated C spine disc! This area affects your fingers, arm and shoulder! Has your doctor sent you for an MRI on your neck and spine? Also anti seizure medication can REALLY help with the nerve pain is Gabapentin! Also anti-depressants are a great treatement for Neuropathic pain!

Dear bambi27. Thanks for your kind reply. I want to give/get some of explanation after your usefull reply, May be i will found solution soon. 1. Please put some light on HERINATED C SPINE DISC to know something more about this uncommon word! 2. About your MRI asking: YES, MRI Spine Cervical finding reveal changes of cervical spondylosis with broad based central and right paracentral disc protrusion at C5~C6 level which is intending the thecal sac and spine cord with narrowing of right lateral recess and biletaral neural formina. The disc is also indenting the nerve root existing the right C5~C6 neural foramina. 3. But the intersting turning point was that the next doctor neglected that report and empasis on some other nerve problems. He admit that C5~C6 is indenting the nerve root but due to that what the pain is delivering that is clearly following by me and that time i put traction on neck for few days and releives. This finger burning was only limited with the finger itself area only for several years. This is first time from Jan 2010 it affected neibouring 2-fingers and sometime shooting up heavily upto elbow- still shoulder is free from such pain. Please read the above situationa nd refer back me for further doing. If still you are asking for Gapapentin (if there be any othe name also please refer ...) to take for releif- please refer the mg & dosage plus supplementary medicine (if any- like gastric acid tab etc.) and duration. 4. Please refer anti depressant tablet name, dosage also. For your further info... i am taking COZAAR 50 mg daily for my BP. ( i m 163 cm, 67 kg) also i am still taking neurovitan regularly. I am waiting for your kind replay again. May almighty bless you.

Hello! "Protrusion" is the same thing as a herniated disk! Snad regardless of what your doctor states! I KNOW that these 2 discs CAN give you the exact same symptoms! I am preetu sure that what I about to describe is what happens with you! You feel numbness and or pins and needles - nerve pain ' in you ring finger and someimes the fingers around it! You can have the exact same symptoms on your forearm BUT I will guarantte yoy that there will be a few areas that don't feel anything! As too your upper arm, most of it will be fine but SOME espicially the outside of the arm will give u the same problems! You will feel pain in your shoulder! And also in between you head and base of your neck! NOT where the herniation is! Deep massage NO chiropractors at ALL! As this can disable you! Gapentins should be started small then worked up! I am not a doctor so I do not know the correct dosage! Anti depressant do the same thing! So bring the Gabapentin upto your doctor! Also start with DEEP massage! This loosens up your muscles and your nerves! I hope this helps!

Yes, you are right. I will take all these informations to my next doctor and will try the medicines dosage as to be prescribed. During pain shoolting up to elbow- even slightly more above, ... can be clearly monitor the vein-line which is under stress- sametime the other area around that is full reluxed. Now day by day it is getting stiff the back side of the wrist of those fingers area. I was getting treatment under chinees medical center for the same with an interval of a month or more but when i noticed that it is spreading- i stopped. Should i continue that again! Thanks again.