%-) for some time I've been having severe burning in my right shoulder blade :-( This I liken to an hot iron on the inside of my skin thats activated by touch :'( This is so troublesome and although I try to put up with it.. it's getting worse..My Dr. ordered x-rays and told me that I have degenerative bone disease and the burning is caused by this :-( My question is this..Can this disease cause this burning sensation???Interested in all opinions and also to finding anything that will help ease this as I'm a student and right handed so everytime I move my shoulder the burning is set off!!!!!!!!!!!HELPPPPPPPPPPPP

Thanks,Mary-anne

I have had the same problem except it burns/hurts constantly.I've been to an "ortho", a neck/spine dr., had injections,nothing helps. It feels like it might be a pinched nerve.  I also have little lines of bruises.  Any ideas appreciated.

Mine iches at night..& is burning (on fire) In the a.m. :( Going to see the Neuroligist asap! In the past for numbness & tingling the doctor said it was a mild case of Carple Tunnel?? I say it is so something else! I had Carple Tunnel back in the day when I worked with animals for 16yrs. This burning & itch at night..is not Carple Tunnel Syndrome! :( Hope you are feeling some relief by now?? Take care! :)

I'LL POST IN MORE THAN ONE THREAD TO INCREASE CHANCES PEOPLE WILL SEE IT:

Terrible pain in shoulder blade? Do you use a computer mouse? Put your right elbow (left elbow if you mouse left handed) loosely against your side with your arm pointing straight forward, palm down, as if grabbing a computer mouse. Now, keeping your elbow at your side, slide the imaginary mouse to the right, so your upper arm stays in place but your biceps rotates to the right a bit. Is this how you hold your mouse, with your elbow at your side and forearm pointing to the right instead of straight forward? If so, just holding that position for extended periods will eventually cause terrible pain under your right shoulder blade.

This hit my father and me at the same time, and it took me a long time to realize that our mousing position was causing it. Our keyboards had numeric keypads on the right, making them stick out farther on that side. The mouse had to go to the right of the keyboard, so holding the mouse put our arms in that position. The result was disabling pain in our right shoulder blades and, eventually, necks.

The cure, after I finally figured it out, was to mouse left handed. Even though it was awkward, the keyboard was shorter on the left side. The pain started fading after a few days and was gone after a month or two. We eventually got shorter keyboards and then laptops, so our arms could either point straight forward or inward, and the problem was solved.

This won't cure everyone, but I'm sure it will help some of you.

Thanks- I will try anything!! Course I am 79 yr. old lady. Could b Arther in there. I do have it bad e r