I am 14 and do what 14 year olds do... Is it normal for an uncircumisized guy to masturbate by "holding onto" his foreskin and moving it up and down? I get stimulation from this, but was wondering if this was "the right way" or if there were any reasons I shouldn't do it this way.

Also, do you only pull the forseskin back for sex? Please help, any tips would be great. Thanks

Health Guru
hi, there is no right or wrong way to actually masturbate its just what you find works best and gives the most pleasure for you while you do it, as for pulling your foreskin back as long as its not tight if it is then you need to do some stretching exercises on it, other than that pull it back to wash and if you want and it will stay back you can keep it back all ties time, there is actually no need to pull it back when you have sex because when the penis goes in your foreskin will glide back on its own. Hope this helps :-)

How do most uncircumcised people masturbate? Just wanted to know if what I do is out of the ordinary. My foreskin doesn't go back "automatically" when I get an erection. Will stretching excersized make this happen? I've heard that it is supposed to retract on its own for "proper" sex.

Health Guru
it is really a case of if you have a long or short foreskin as to weather it will retract by its self when you have an erection, I have a long foreskin and mine doesn't go back automatically but its never been a problem for me during sexual intercourse as it always slips back and forth as you enter into the vagina and starts to thrust. As for how you masturbate I'm not quite sure how you mean you do it, do you mean that you grasp your shaft and move your hand up and down so it pulls your foreskin back and forth over your head?

yeah, the last sentence you said...

and won't a condom stop the foreskin from sliding back?

Health Guru
that is the way that a perfectly normal way to masturbate when you have a foreskin so your not doing anything wrong, you can also try using a lubricant either normal water based or baby oil holding your foreskin right back down at the base of your penis with one hand then just let your lubricated hand glide up and down your shaft and head. When you put a condom on there is really no reason to have to pull your foreskin back over the head and your foreskin doesn't need to slide back and forth then as the condom will be like a second skin and hold it in place.