Long story short:

I have a tight foreskin. At like 16 years old I'd never retracted it at all - realised that wasn't normal so did stretching exercises daily and FINALLY I have pretty good results. Erect/flacid it retracts easily

However, the penis head is very sensitive, to the point where it uncomfortable to touch it and it hurts to rub it softly.

What is the best solution to this? I have considered just sleeping all night with it retracted and walking around with it unretracted - is it perfectly acceptable to sleep with it retracted? This could be a stupid question but I don't know if it's meant to stay retracted for that long or if it could get stuck or whatever...

That's the end of my question but I have some extra phimosis questions incase anybody wants to answer these:

If someone who has a tight foreskin uses stretching exercises and recovers, will they ever reach the point where their foreskin retracts automatically when they get an erection? (I guess not :-()

How smoothly should the foreskin move up/down the edge of the penis head? Should it require force to push back up or should it be seamless?

Thanks :p

The only cure for the sensitivity is touching it. You need to keep it bare as often as you can and touch it as often as you can. There's nothing wrong with leaving it bare at night or during the day as long as you can stand it. I used to try to leave mine bare at night but my foreskin was always back in place the next morning. My foreskin won't stay retracted but I guess some guys can retract it and it will stay there.

When I got tired of the sensitivity, I reasoned that the guys who were circumcised weren't sensitive because theirs was always exposed and rubbing on everything so I figured I had to do that for mine. But it was damp and sticky under there which made it more unpleasant when it rubbed on something. If I was going to rub it intentionally I had to at least prevent that.

What I did was to clean it with a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol. That made the surface dry enough so whatever I used to rub it didn't stick to it. I started by rubbing it gently with some soft flannel which felt really good and always resulted in masturbation so I developed a desire to do it quite often. Eventually I was able to rub it with my bare fingers without the flannel and since then I have always masturbated by holding my foreskin all the way back and dry rubbing the head and shaft.

Phimosis is quite rare so you're not likely to have it get stuck back there. I had to stretch mine too. If I pulled it back too much while masturbating it would get stuck behind the glans and it hurt a little too. If I left it there when I was through it would go back where it belonged by itself after the woody went down but while I waited for that to go away the sensitive glans was rubbing on my underwear which was not pleasant. Not to mention that the bare glans rubbing on the underwear kind of kept the wood going.

Mine never retracts automatically just because I get an erection. I think that would depend on how short your foreskin is and how much longer your penis gets as it gets hard. I'm sure it's different for everyone.

How smoothly it moves up and down depends on how tight it is. If you want it to move easier, stretch it some more. Another thing that can restrict the movement is your frenulum. Mine was apparently a little short because it tore several times right after I got married and began having sex without a condom. The first time it tore I discovered the ends healed back together and it was still as short as before. After that I put some toilet paper on it when it tore so the ends wouldn't go back together. After three or four times it was if I never had a frenulum at all. My foreskin now goes all the way back to where the tip is at the bottom of the shaft and that is wonderful during sex and for masturbation. They say the inner foreskin has more nerves devoted to your pleasure than the glans has. They are stretch sensitive and it feels great when you pull it back tight and when you insert it in a vagina, as long as that pesky frenulum isn't causing you pain.

So pull that foreskin back, dry it off, start touching it and have fun. XD

I am 78 and uncircumsised. Have worn my foreskin retracted back 24/7 for as long as I can remember. The head of my penis is still sensitive. I can still pull the foreskin down so it covers the head, which I do once in a while, and sometimes while masturbating, but it is ratracted most of the time. The foreskin should move up/down the penis smoothly.

The foreskin protects the head of the penis and keeps it moist and sensitive. If it hurts, don't touch it. Keep your foreskin forward to protect the head. It will probably get less tender later.

It is normal for the glans to be sensitive because your foreskin has been protecting it for your whole life.

I don't think anything is wrong with your penis. It sounds normal to me. The head is supposed to be sensitive. The foreskin is put there to protect the head and keep it sensitive.

There is no reason for you to touch the head so just don't touch it. Pull your foreskin forward to cover the head to protect it and you should be fine.

The foreskin is an asset and highly beneficial. A long foreskin is more of an asset and more beneficial than a short foreskin.

Long full-length foreskins will not auto-retract on erection. Only inadequate short foreskins will auto-retract. For your skin to go back, the foreskin has to be wide enough to retract over the head.

If your foreskin is wide enough, it will retract if it is shorter than the erect penis. If it is longer, then it will never retract by itself but may be pushed back, however, it may not stay back. Some longer foreskins push forward again when you let go.

When a long foreskin is manually retracted, it gathers in folds at the base of the penis. The folds want to unfold and push the foreskin forward back to its normal position. A long foreskin is likely to slide/roll forward to recover and protect the glans penis when it is released. Some men simply cannot keep the foreskin retracted. This is not considered to be a problem.

The long foreskin provides superior protection to the head of the penis and keeps it soft, smooth, and sensitive. Moreover, the ancient Greeks considered a long, tapering foreskin to be a sign of male beauty. The long tip is called the akroposthion.

The long foreskin may improve the sexual experience because of its superior gliding action. The long foreskin also may have more pleasure nerves.

It is a matter of opinion how smoothly the foreskin should move up and down over the edge of the penis head (the corona of the glans penis). It my opinion it should glide smoothly back and forth, however others may prefer a foreskin that is tight enough to latch in the coronal sulcus behind the head.

If your foreskin does not glide smoothly, then you can keep stretching it to make it wider until it does.

well it seems you never went trough a full phimosis . The glans are hyper sensitive, that means touching it is like burning it with fire. The only way is to expose it to running water for a few weeks, then if everything goes well use lots of lube and gently rub it

When I pull back foreskin the starting of it is sensitive