Hi, guys. I have heard about orthomolecular medicine and I find it interesting. However, I have recently found out something about its psychiatric use. Can anyone tell me more about psychiatric studies of orthomolecular applications? Your answers will mean a lot to me. I will really appreciate all your replies. Bye!

Hi, there. Orthomolecular psychiatry is something new in this discipline. It is the use of orthomolecular medicine in treating mental diseases. As the whole medicine, this type of psychiatry has an individual approach. It tries to find the etiology of the symptoms of each patient. That is what I like here. They also use vitamins, minerals and amino acids in treating some severe mental disorders. You can consult an expert for more details. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!

Hi, guys. I have also heard about orthomolecular psychiatry. They believe that when brain is in chemical misbalance, then mind is as well. They even treat schizophrenia with optimal amounts of amino acids, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and fats. Of course, this is different for each individual. For this, you must have a full participation of a patient. He is, after all, changing his entire lifestyle. Megadoses of nutrients are required here. You would be surprised to see that this nutritional therapy is enough for maintaining the normal mental state. I hope this helps.

Hello. Orthomolecular psychiatry has some interesting theories. They claim that schizophrenia is caused by pyroluria, histadelia (elevated histamine and basophile leucocytes) histapenia (low histamine) with high copper, heavy metal intoxications, hypothyroidism, etc. Many of these orthomolecular experts prescribe antipsychotics in the beginning. However, the main goal is to become mentally healthy without these drugs. These drugs have many side effects, don’t forget that. Histadelia is also responsible for depression, at least these experts claim it. They treat it with many amino acids. I think this is very interesting. Bye!