Has any one experienced the Intra Gastric Ballon through endoscopy? for weight loss?
I am few days away from having it and i badly need to know how and what it feels like... does every thing go as good as the doctors say? or there are any kind of common problems associated with it?
Pls help!!

Are you getting this done in America? If so, where are you getting it done?
I just heard about this procedure, it sounds like it works pretty well.
Good luck with it!

I would be VERY interested to hear more about this. As I understand, this procedure is not available in the US. Where are you located?

Has anyone had success with the gastirc balloon? Please let me know and mention if there are any side effects?

Hi there - I had the gastric balloon inserted in Prague, initially it was fabulous, I lost 2 stone in two months. But sadly I developed an allergy to it at the 2 month mark (it just kicked in) and I had to go into A&E in the UK to have it removed. But I was delighted at the weight loss! The removal took place two months ago and I have managed to keep the weight off (even with the festveties!) Even though I was ill with the allergy.... I would do it all again for the successful weight loss! Good Luck with yours!

Hello all Im from Southern California and im intrested in the Gastric Balloon percedure in Canada, does anyone have a recomendation as to where i can have this done in Canada?

Has anyone done this procedure? I am interested and want to know how it has worked for you and how it feels.

Please get back to me.

Thanks

Hi there,
I had the Heliosphere Intragastric balloon inserted on June 27th in Vancouver, BC. It is now November 22 and I have lost a total of 45 lbs so far. I am having it removed on January 9th. The balloon I have is filled with air, not saline, and I don't even notice it anymore. The great thing about the balloon is that I have learned how to eat proper portions and read my body signals much better. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me at *e-mail addresses not allowed* and I would be happy to answer them. I wish I was able to find more people to chat with before the procedure.

Would you mind telling me the cost of the procedure? I'm very interested. I have an apppointment for consultation with a surgeon for lap band surgery and this seems far less intrusive.

Thanks!

Erin

I just had a consultation for the gastric balloon in a Toronto clinic and the cost is $8500 CAD. Is that the average price?

I'm writing a story on intragastric balloon procedures. I'm just starting out and looking around on the internet. Does anyone know of a surgeon that practices this operation in the US? Or else, what country do patients usually fly to? Does anyone know if this is common?

thanks

Does anyone know how long you leave it in ? forever maybe?

NO! You can leave for 6 months tops. The usual treatment period is 4 to 6 months.

I work at a surgical center near Seattle Washington that will be conducting a study on the Gastric Balloon soon. This is so that it can be FDA approved and then will be available in the US in the future. We are 1 out of 15 chosen facilities to do the study.

Good luck all!

Amber M. :D

**edited by moderator**

is this procedure covered by OHIP?