Hello, folks. I am interested in something. My neighbor got food poisoning and it seems that she didn't go to the doctor's office on time. Now, she is in serious condition. I would like to know what the worst possible scenario is when it comes to food poisoning. I am asking in general, not predicting anything to my neighbor.

Hello to you too. Food poisoning can have really serious complications. Whether they will develop or not, it depends on various factors, such as a state of organism, microorganism that caused poisoning, treatment, etc. Dehydration is a common complication. The person loses weight, has low blood pressure and can have more serious conditions. The worse scenario is, I suppose, death. It is characteristic for Listeria infection and botulism. But, I hope this isn't your neighbor's case. I hope he will feel all right. Bye!