Hello, guys. My girlfriend ate some food that I think was contaminated by bacteria or viruses, I am not sure which one. In any case, it was suspicious and she developed symptoms. I would like to ask you what to do first when it comes to food poisoning. Thanks in advance.

Hello to you too. If she has short episodes of vomiting and her diarrhea lasts less than 24 hours, she can stay at home. The first thing is to drink plenty of fluids. She will lose a lot of water by stools. She should avoid solid food in the beginning. Alcohol or coffee are also not recommended. Soups and teas are the best for this. She doesn't have to start with antibiotics at once, especially if it is caused by viruses. On the other hand, if her symptoms last more than 24 hours and are serious, then go to the doctor's. I hope I've helped. I hope she will feel better very soon.