What are the symptoms of salmonella poisoning?

Legend
Hey there,

Salmonella is a bacteria which is a pretty often connected with the food poisoning. The symptoms are high temperature, nausea, abdominal cramping, and bloody diarrhea with mucous.

The diarrhea could be very exhausting so it's recommended to drink a lot of fluid to avoid dehydration.

Salmonella infections usually resolve in five to seven days, and many times require no treatment, unless the patient becomes severely dehydrated or the infection spreads from the intestines.

If severe diarrhea occurs, don't hesitate to visit your doctor! Salmonella could be diagnosed by blood or stool tests.

I hope this will help you!

Take care!
Pseud0

Symptoms of salmonella infection develop 12 to 72 hours after the infection and are followed by diarrhea, fever, and abdominal cramps. The symptoms are pretty much similar to any other bacterial infection in the intestines. They last for 7-10 days tops and subside with no treatment. However, some people develop severe symptoms and need to be hospitalized, because the bacteria may pass from the intestines to the blood stream and travel to distant places in the body. If this happens, a person needs a prompt antibiotics treatment, otherwise they may find themselves in life-threatening situation.

People get infected with Salmonella by eating poultry, eggs, meat and drinking unprocessed milk and from water.

Stool samples are collected to check for the presence of these bacteria.

Have you been infected with the bacterium?

I think I got sick yesterday from eating chicken at the Mall food court. My symptoms started about six hours later. I thought I had acid indegestionn. But my stomach started to hurt so bad all I could do was curl up in a fetal postion. Later I had to vomit many times during the night. I took pepto bismo, baking soda, and then I took charcoal. I heard that it can suck out the infection. Still the night was very rough. I almost passed out once trying to get medicine in the kitchen I ended up lying on the cool kitchen floor because I was going through sweats and chills.
This morning I am better. My stomach feels like someone used it as a punching bag. I have to walk doubled over. I have a good headache and I am weak so I will probably stay in bed. anyway, I think I got food poisoning because it came on fast and was rather intense and now I'm alittle better. So it didn't seem like a regular stomach flu .

Can u get salmonella poisening from pet lizards (leapord geckos)?????