My husband is 33 years old. He was very ill for 2 weeks. He had problems with his respiratory system. After a great struggle a have managed to persuade him to go to a doctor. He was diagnosed with a sarcoidosis. He was told that he even have acute sarcoidosis. Tell me about this sarcoidosis stage.

So-called acute sarcoidosis is the latest stage of sarcoidosis. It develops abruptly over a period of a few weeks and represents 20 to 40% of all cases. These individuals usually have constitutional symptoms such as fewer, fatigue, malaise, anorexia, or weight loss. These symptoms are usually mild, but in approximately 25% of the acute cases the constitutional complaints are extensive. Many patients have respiratory symptoms like a cough, dyspnea, a vague retrosternal chest discomfort and polyarthhritis.