I do think that it's a good idea but at the same time I think that the main problem with our medical system is that we don't get the chance to talk to the same doctor enough who knows our background. I think that this is helpful but it's important to realize that sometimes people lie about their symptoms or about causes and that can complicate things. What does everyone else think?

Well my opinion is that this is only possible if you have a steady doctor that you have been seeing for some time now. And that your doctor knows you well. Then it is possible to chat with your doctor online. I'm not sure that it would be very productive if you chat with a doctor that you have just meet. Doctor needs to know your body first. I think that this will not be ease for doctors also. It would be harder for doctors to do their job well.

Well it depends in what context are you talking about the service.....its certainly better than self-medicating! i guess a lot of day-to-day problems can be solved with good history..of course patient has to be honest with symptoms and history. Also for many problems you feel hesitant talking to a doc in person..that way it can be very helpful. All in all, i think it would be nice if you just log in and have a live chat with a doctor rather than search endlessly for medical information online. :-D

Well I agree with one thing patients should give real symptoms and history. But I'm not sure how many patients do this? Many patients hide things because they are embarrassed of some things. I'm not sure would doctor be able to give a correct opinion if he is not examining the patient in person.
What everybody else thinks?

I was told by a pretty reliable source that a lot of people lie about things because they're embarrassed or what they're doing is illegal or something along those lines. Virtually everyone who smokes pot does not tell their doctor that they do so the doctor cannot treat them properly for stuff like that. Being a doctor, you sort of have to be a detective. Does that make sense?

Well it does make sens. So because of that I think that personal exam should take place several times before both patient and doctor can feel safe to chat over internet.
It is important that doctor know the personality of his patient. He needs to be sure that patient can trust him and will not lie to him about some symptoms.
I still stay by my opinion that this is not the right way to examen the patient.

I agree that's true, although I think that being online will help cut through some of that compulsive need some people have to lie to their doctors about their diagnosis. I don't know how helpful it would be. I think it would be easier to have more doctors working with fewer patients to be honest.

Do you think that doctors would be overcrowded? How many people would like to talk to the doctor at same time? Wouldn't this be little stressful as well as being in the waiting room?
Maybe this could work for some smaller issues, but the bigger problems should be taken care of in hospitals.

If I knew that I would find this news and read it in just a half hour after posting this, I would wait. :-)
Well it seam that 39% of doctors said they'd communicated with patients online. They usually do things like paying the bills, scheduling the appointments or receiving lab results, but also they are cases where patient type's his symptoms and doctor just sends him solution to his problem.
This percent is really high and it seams to be growing rapidly. This may be the case of patient - doctor relationship sooner than we thought.

i was pregnent before 12 months i have used some local medicn to prevent. it works but now i want to prenent how i can bez we are trying from last 5 month but we have been faild pls send me reply that medicin can affect to now pregnency or some other problem i dont know

Hi!

I have to say, I'm both for and against (refusal to make my mind up, as per!) People who are rather shy, or find it difficult to express what they are thinking or feeling inside, or how to put this into words, also people who have difficulties in explaining the health issue in person, to a doctor, could maybe benefit from some online assistance. I do believe their may be some people who would never be able to get there point across to a doctor in person if they only answered the questions the doctors asks, rather than freely volunteering information.

If there have been some symptoms of one type of illness, and you visit the doctor for '1' particular issue, which they can resolve on the spot at the appointment, how often at a doctors appointment, are you offered a 'medical', and how many people would feel comfortable in asking for a check up for reassurance?? Some of these people who might like to be confident that after for example, mid age, from a young age onwards that they haven't developed a number of other common illnesses, could for example, explain a whole range of issues to a doctor in chat, that may not come across in the doctors appointment in person.

Though how would the time and money to run both be funded? I'd also really dislike it, if doctors surgeries would start refusing appointments due to online assistance being available, as just as much as some people not being able to get their point across in person, there are people that would also I believe, struggle to get their point across online, and the issue could also be misread.

online chat with doctor will surely help the patients to take the first step. At least the patients will be sure that they are not taking the wrong step. Not all specialists can be helpful here. If anyone gets a mild heart attack, forget about online chat, rush to the hospital. Online chat will help when you have got symptoms and you need to work it out at home first. some Areas where online doctor can be implemented is the clinical Psychology - relieving stress, stopping suicidal attempts, self harm, anger management... etc. Other areas include general health.

Hi I had a question I had took emergency contraceptive about 23 hours after uprotected intercourse however I totally forgot to take the second dose could I still be pregnant The ecp was lo/orval

This is really good to communicate direct with doctor. Well my opinion is that this is only possible if you have a steady doctor that you have been seeing for some time now. And that your doctor knows you well.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

my high fertility days were the 20th thru the 24th and my ovulation day was the 25th.
i had sex on the 18th 19th 20th 22nd 23rd 26th and 27th. what are my chances of being pregnant?