At first it was a regular scab. I started picking at it and now there is a small bump. It's hard, and it's the same color or a shade lighter than my skintone (scab is not dark). I feel like the skin grew over the scab. I want to get rid of it, but I don't know how. Does anyone know what this is?

Hi

Without seeing it, it'shard to guess, even then I'm not a DR so could not be certain depending how it looked, but from what you describe having picked it especially if you did this regularly it sounds like the scab scarred.  When you next pass a pharmacy ask to have a quick work with the pharmacist and show them.  The pharmacist will be able to give you a better idea, advising if anycreams will help or if it is something else may suggest you make a medical check up appointment.

I hope this helps<3

its a WART its a virus formed under the skin
the warts go by the name HPV there are many types of warts and you can get them no matter what google HPV "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_papillomavirus"

hope this helps