I have fainted 4 times. I have frequent dizziness & lightheartedness. My blood pressure is low, it always has been though.  I have had a chest x-ray and it didn't reveal anything either. I'm concerned about the cause and I am terrified of it happening in public again. I haven't been injured by the falls so I must go down slowly. A friend of mine seemed to think that was important information. My doc gave me some folic acid & vitamins, said I was anemic, had an electrolyte imbalance but he didn't think it was severe enough to cause fainting. Anyone have a clue about this? 

I think your doc was spot-on with the anemia diagnosis...  If your periods are heavy or you've been dieting this might aggravate this.  

The folate/folic acid and vitamins with iron (I assume the vitamins you mentioned contain iron as this is important in correcting anemia) should fix you up quickly.  Once you feel better, it might be wise to ask your doc how long you should stay on the iron.  It's better to get iron from diet than pills because as you'll probably learn, iron pills can make you feel punky.  

Red meat contains a lot of iron, but if you're avoiding eating a lot of this, some low dose vitamin-C taken with meals will help you absorb iron from non-meat sources in your diet.  

Staying well hydrated will also keep you from having a sinking spell in public...  Avoid dehydrating drinks like alcohol and caffeine and carry a water bottle with you when you're out in the heat this summer.  

Hope this helps! 

Oh my dear,,,, It;s not good symptom.......please measure your heart beat . If it will be below of 60 bpm(beat per minute) that time it will be a bradycardia,,,,,,,,,,,,shorten of breath,faint, dizziness are the symptom of bradycardia

Take a look this site for more information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradycardia