For a couple years I've had a problem on my upper lip. A scab forms like on a cut and starts to grow bigger (higher). eventually it comes off, also like a cut, but then the scab starts growing all over again. This keeps happening over and over again I never had a cold sore there on my lip. It only started after I cut my lip shaving one day

Best thing to do is to not pick at it. That's why it keeps coming back is because you keep picking at it. If it happened while you were shaving then its just a cut and like I said before, best thing to do is to not to pick at it. Go for a couple weeks or a month without picking at it, i know that might be hard but you have to try. If it doesn't get better or it gets bigger then you should probably go to a doctor. Good luck!

Got the exact same problem, help please.

I have this problem as well.  I found another site where a doctor told a patient with the same symptoms that it was a problem with low immunity and to have blood sugar levels checked for diabetes.  I have had those tests and it is not that for me.  I asked if it was herpes and two doctors (a dermatologist and an urgent care doctor) both told me that it was not.  I asked to have it cultured, but the doctor said that it might require a biopsy and to make an appointment for that. 

And the answer was?

I also nicked upper lip area shaving. It kept scabbing up and I picked it off and sometimes it would bleed. I have tried aloe vera but didn't help. I have had this for over a year now. Stopped picking at it and its finally healing. Had same sore on nose where glasses touched..It has healed now too. I have been eating more fruits and veggies...maybe it helped...you are what you eat.