I have a wart on my hand, i cut it off, is that okay, doesn't hurt or bleed but still i have the resource to ask so why not?

Chrs wrote:

The reason why not is there's a better, easier, less painful way.

First, you have to allow enough time for this cure to work.  Like, at least a month or two.

Second, you have to smother the wart, so that it get's no oxygen.  This is the basic practice behind those "Compound W" wart removing systems.

Third, you need to keep tape on the wart constantly, day and night.

Fourth, there is a slight acid in the compound W which helps to kill the wart and dissolve it, but it will basically come out as a whole.  It may leave a hole, but that's only temporary.

Hopefully, this wart is in a location where you can apply tape and cover it, and not call too much attention to it.

Warts are caused by a virus, so it's not a good idea to burn it off.  In the past, dermatologists tried this, but it basically just vaporized the wart and they inhaled it, so that they got warts up the nose.  No lie!

Right in the middle of my palm, hurts like... considering i work constantly, so i just sliced it off. i couldn't take having it right where it was.
I knew about the tape thing but although its in a good location for it, i don't have the ability to keep the tape there, and dry and still work. 

It will most probably grow again. At least mine did. It's no use. Sometimes it can go really bad and cause problems. You should consult your doctor.

mornin Chrs,

Tring to keep tape situated in the palm of one's hand just won't work. Compound W or Freezone do the job well. You may have cut it off but the root is still intact. By using one of the two medications that i suggested, you will get to the root. This stuff goes deep into the wart so you can eventually just lift it right out, along with the root. All that will be left is a small hole where it was once embedded.

The reason why it's not hurting or bleeding is because you basically shaved the top off, this won't bleed at all. I had a wart between my fingers and tape would never stick, so i tried Dr. Scholls corn and callous remover pads, i know it sounds dumb but those little pads have some serious sticking power. They are small and round and flesh colored and they stick really well. It's even hard to soap them off. My wart was gone in a week. One day i lifted the pad to change it and that little b****r came right off with the pad.

i carved my hand up. this b***h better be gone.

Warts are viruses, they in no way need oxygen to survive, they only require a host which is the person with the wart. The basic practice behind the Compound W products or freeze off products normally use Salicylic acid which will burn the wart off instead of actually freezing it off like the name says. It will feel cold only because the solution is being sprayed from an aerosol can. Salicylic acid is the primary home treatment solution, the other treatment is dimethyl ether and propane.

Another treatment is Wartner's Wart Removal which will actually freeze the skin and cause a blister to form underneath the wart which will eventually cause the wart to fall off completely

The worst idea to do with a wart is to cut it or try to dig it out. This will normally only cause it to come back larger or in higher quantities. It could also cause the virus to spread systemically to other parts of your body. It can also allows the virus to be spread to other people that you come in direct or indirect contact with.

With the duct tape on the wart method as some people have stated, it only has to do with irritating that patch of skin which eventually causes the same blister effect as Wartner's product. It is a hit or miss technique

If anyone experiences warts near or on the finger nails, toe nails, face, genitals or anus they should see a doctor for proper therapy.

Dude just go to a docter. They will cut it off with a razor blade and freeze it. Then they will tell you to put compound W band aids on it for a couple weeks.

i had a few wart between my thigh and my vajayjay . I cut them off with my nail clipper being that i was too embarrased to go to the doctor. Now reading all this i shouldve just compound w damn i don't want them to grow back . Yea it wont stop bleeding it's been like three hours . I feel like i'm on my period. Filled up my pad with blood from the wart removal i did to myself .

really that sounds like genital warts which is an STD.

I had a wart on my ring finger,and what I did was put it under water and got nail clippers and cut into it and kept going till all the little bumps were gone and I made sure to drain the blood out and its been 10years and has not grown back and its just a scar now not bad at all

i have this stupid wart on my thumb and my boyfriend said leave it alone i tried to frezze it and t came back and i said son of a B***h:P

i cut my wart off. and it doesnt hurt or it didnt bleed. but i still keep tape over it day and night so the roots have no oxygen and they will die too

Any time I have had one (usually on the foot - veruka, very rare say once every 7 years or so if I forget to wear shoes/ socks on a bare floor. I just cut and dug the little b****r out with big nail clippers and yes it comes back, but cut it again and then again - usually after the 3rd time it's gone, takes les than 2 weeks. You just need to get deep enough. If it hurts then you are deep enough, if it bleeds it's actually good because then it comes more to the surface and is even easier to get out next time round. I even did this to one girlfriend - we had a new flat and I guess the shower was full of the virus because we both got at the same time but I got rid of 'em with clippers and then burnt the shower with bleach.

How long did it take for yours to grow back?