i think i may have the hpv virus. i haven't had any symptoms of this virus but my boyfriend does. he has genital warts, he has had 3 outbreaks and he gets them frozen off! its so annoying as i have only had had 2 sexual partners including him and i am always very carfeul as im not stupid! who doesn't use protection?? my boyfriend has also only had 2 sexual partners, me an his ex girlfriend who he broke up with 6 years ago. we have been together for 10 months ( i know i sound like a right slapper but im not i can assure you of that). i understand that there is no cure for hpv and that there is some hpv virus strands that do link to cancer. i have been to my local gum clinic and i have no other std's and the nurse was pretty positive that my cervix looked healthy! but that still doesnt mean that i dont have hpv right? im so annoyed that you get millions of people who make it a habit of sleeping with different people every night or week and do not have this problem! int he past 5 years ive slept with 2 people and caught this virus and passed it on to my boyfriend, but to be completly honest im not sure if i have passed it on to him but him and his family are a million percent positive as they say it wouldn't take 6 years for a wart to develop? so it's me! great! ive been to my gp and he will not offer me a smear test until i turn 25 which is in 4 years! it's so scary to think that i have ruined somebodys life! if we break up he will not be able to have a healthy sexual relationship with another girl! ive ruined his whole life and im ashamed of myself! i try so hard to be careful i always always use condoms! even for oral! so really im a waste of space! at this minute i currently hate myself for ruining an amazings persons life! im posting this as i cant talk to anybody im so ashamed, me and my boyfriend do talk but it can lead to an argument as im still not convinced its me who he has caught it from but he is! any replys will be appreciated even if you have gotten a bit bored of reading this now im so sorry to be ranting on its just causing a big stress at the minute! thank you
xxxx

Ok Nikita! YOUR BOYFRIEND HAS THE WARTS!!!!!! NOT YOU!!!! You have been careful and smart about your sexual activity! You have ZERO symtpoms! Now that said, many people with HPV have no symptoms, but you have been with this guy for over 6 months, and this is when you should notice something! It can take weeks and even months for warts to show! And for your doctor to say that he wont do a smear till your 25 is ABSOLUTELY STUPID! Get a new doctor OR better yet go to your local STD clinic and tell them about your boyfriend and get tested! HPV/genital warts, can disapear and most people don't know they have them, because they are fleshed colored and don't itch! So you need to get swabbed AND to have a doctor/nurse take a VERY close look at your labia and the outside of your vagina!

Unfortunately, HPV is NOT stopped by a condom - as it is genital not just a vagina and a penis! So it can come from the testicles or the groin area, the mouth etc! so it is incorrect for him and his family to say that it is not him and that it wouldn't take 6 years for a wart to pop up! IF it is him, he has had it for a long time, but he just didn't notice it!

Get tested Nikita!! And hopefully you DONT have it!

http://www.avert.org/genital-warts.htm

I don't know if your previous partner gave this to you OR your present partner has had it for awhile! All I know is that people will avoid taking responsibility for their own actions! And I have watched and studied people for most of my life and I will say this to you "I DOUBT that it is you! I think it is HE that has had more than the 1 partner, and I think that is why all of a sudden his family is coming to his defence! because their precious little prince COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE A PIG!!!!!!! I know that sounds strong and it is, but I just have this gut feeling about this! So get checked for YOU! THEN you can deal with the outcome after OK? Don't beat yourself up, till you know the truth! And INSIST on a swab!!! Plese let me know how you make out OK? Good luck and healht honey!

thank you bambi27, i said exactly the same as you! its so nice to hear that somebody actually agrees with me! yes my doctor is ridiculous he siad as i dont have symptoms so i cant have a smear! i have tried explaining that my boyfriend has it but he said as it isnt me there isnt any thing he can do! i am trying to get an appointment with my local std clinic but as i went in june i have to waot 6 months but i might just give a fake name as i know you can do that to avoid embarrasment! when you mentioned about the mouth is it possible that i gave it him from my mouth? sorry to ask questions im just very confused ive read so many things and there are all different. i hope i dont have it and i hope my boyfriend can fight it off. thank you so much for responding it means alot to me as i cant tell anybody else! thank you so much it is truly appreciated. thank you thank you thank you! xx

You're welcome honey! So you were tested in June and Nothing?!!!!!!! Well if that's the case then it is NOT you! Regarding your doctor not giving you a swab, ALL women who are sexually active should have a paptest every year! Also when it comes to genital warts, they put a light solution of vinegar on the area and see if the warts react - they would come out whiteish! I wouldn't do the fake name thing, I would call them for a counselling session and say to them that your boyfriend HAS warts, and is saying it is you! They know exactly the sceanrio, then there is no decieving! They will help you honey! Yes you can give it via the mouth! There is about 30 types of HPV some on the hands and feet, the mouth, the rectum, the groin etc. Not all are STD's But if you have sex while you have them, be it oral, vaginal, anal then it is VERY contagious! So get checked out - under your regular name! And just be honest! And DEMAND a swab, from another doctor! Actually the STD clinic might just do it for you! Good luck and health honey, and if you need anything just ask OK? And please let me know!

thank you i will definatly be going down to the clinic now, my boyfriend went this morning an had his frozen off its his 3rd outbreak and we r both gettin fed up of him going to be honest! i do have 1 more question if i give him oral sex while the wart is present would he get the warts in his throat? thank you again

I know that warts show up around the mouth, as it is exdposed contact with skin - it isn't so much an STD! as a SkinTD!!! If that makes sense! So just use protection, and be careful that nothing about his skin comes in contact with any of yours - in the sexual way - which of course is difficult! I know that there is a female condom that covers the entire genital area! They should be giving him this information at the clinic actually! So just ask away and be careful!

oh we do use protection ive never been that silly to be honest, its just he came down with a sore throat a few months back and im just terrified its warts on his throat! he has been to the docs an he is going to the ear.nose, throat specilist im hoping its not. but he has never given me oral so i dont really think he could get it there? im not to sure. thank you for all this advice its very helpful! i really appreciate it

well here it goes again! i dont have any idea what he is doing or how he is doing it but apparently he is going to find out about my sexual past! an if ive lied about it (which i haven't) its over with us! can he really do such a thing?

How would he do that?! Other than asking around! Obviously he doesn't trust you, so that's the answer for you! Just make sure that you are CLEAR!! You just owe yourself not him! Find out for yourself, and because he is being a JERK about this, no matter what you show him - test results etc - he will state to anyone that listens that it is YOU who gave him this! Because he wants to look like the injured party! When you get the results, say to him that "Because it is NOT I that gave it to you, IF you bad mouth me to others or mention that I have given you an STD, I WILL sue you for defimation of character!" Because that IS the law that people cannot state disgusting and untrue rumours - ESPECIALLY about your health! There was a case in my home town that a woman stated on line and to others that her previous lover had AIDS! He didn't she just wanted to destroy him, and he won a liable suit against him!

Lets get YOU sorted out 1st, and don't give him a 2nd thought! I know it's hard for you, but this shows his TRUE colors! And thank God you had enough sense to use protection all the time! He probably has strep throat - by the way - because warts are a immune deficiancy problem! So don't worry about him OK? Just shut him down about talking smack about you!