I need some info about pulmonary fibrosis diagnosis. The fact is that lately while I work out I stay out of breath and my work out trainer says that I need pulmonary fibrosis diagnosis to be done for this dry cough I have is also a common symptom as well as enlarged fingertips. So I’d like to know how pulmonary fibrosis is diagnosed.

It’s likely that you may be diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis regarding the symptoms you have. And in fact the first signs of pulmonary fibrosis may be so obvious while exercising. Being diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis means you have abnormal changes in the lung that are scar alike which is usually followed by inflammation. I personally had mild pulmonary fibrosis that was caused by the drugs I was using to fight urinary tract infection. I was diagnosed by chest X-ray which shows the efficiency of breathing mechanism. But in the case of severe pulmonary fibrosis I think that the lung biopsy is performed in order to examine the cells around the alveoli. And as for the treatment I was treated as if I had an inflammatory process for it is thought that this way the progression of pulmonary fibrosis may be stopped and in that order I was prescribed corticosteroids and was under constant medical control for the side-effects that these drugs might provoke. And if you smoke you better stop with that for this could make your condition even worse.